Monday, March 02, 2009

My F Entry

Yes, be forewarned: this entry will be full of F words - but not in the way you think (although I am actually quite capable of cursing like a sailor and swearing like a trooper).

God, what a frustrating February it was. Four consecutive goalless draws that started from end-January is hardly fantastic. As a fan, I’m understandably very frustrated at the inability of the Gunners to shoot goals.

The funny thing is that they could score – in those matches against Cardiff and Roma for instance – so what is the problem here? Why the yoyo performance?

Do we Look Back In Anger or do we keep our focus on getting that fourth spot (how sad, to be focussing on the fourth spot)? It’s all very easy to just look back and lament and complain and whine but surely we’re stronger than that. Really, there’s nothing to be ashamed of as even the mighty AC Milan had problems last season (finally finishing in the fifth position if I recall correctly and this season had to play in the EUFA Cup). But please, the season is hardly over. So I say, let’s just get our act together and move on. Pronto.

After all, didn’t we fight back in 1998 to still haunt Froggie with it?

I had another talk with God yesterday just before going to sleep and I thanked Him:

- For all the lessons and for helping me learn and grow from them
- For the knowledge that it’s OK to make mistakes as long as I learn from them
- For not making me arrogant enough not to know that I could still learn
- For blessing me with lovely, understanding and patient mates
- For not giving up on me although there were times I felt ready to give up
- For making me discover myself and love myself that much more
- For looking after me and helping me stretch beyond my comfort zone.

I can only pray that Arsenal will also learn from their mistakes and their lackadaisical, indifferent, disinterested attitude to games.

So let’s put back frustrating February behind us and march into March. Come on lads!

And come back already my favourite number 4, Señor Cesc fabulous Fàbregas!!! We miss you. I miss you.