Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Scumdog Milksops

I coughed and sneezed throughout the weekend. After summoning the strength to clean the house on Saturday – the chore was overdue as I was away for the past two weekends – I went out to run some errands and what a scorching Saturday it was. It must be 38C or thereabout, it was that hot.

Dithered on going out to the Gaza charity bazaar at
BSC on Sunday morning. Had made up my mind to go when I decided to take off my ear-studs. Reached out for my old toothpaste to clean them and thought, ‘What if I accidentally dropped them into the sink?’ but immediately pooh-poohed the idea. And what do you know, just as I dismissed this thought, one slipped from my hands and into the sink it went. Poof! Arggghhhhh! Do you ever have one of those moments too when you think of something and the next minute it happens?

I spent the next 20 minutes or so trying to fish it out. Was close to getting it twice but I just couldn’t coax it out of the hole before whoosh, it dropped again. Finally I poked enough to push it further down the sink hole. There was only one person who I could think of calling – a plumber I’d call before (and he lives somewhere in Kajang or thereabout too). He said he’d come the next day (Monday).

There was nothing left for me to do so I went to BSC. I managed to get a self-help book, a book on The Meaning of Quran, two DVDs (one in English, one Korean) and some knick-knacks. The Sultanah of Pahang and the Minister of Federal Territories came too at around 1 pm and I was watching the bazaar from the first floor of the newly renovated shopping centre when someone called out my name. It was one of my FB friends whom I’ve never met before (yes, I know I probably shouldn’t have done that, accept total strangers as friends...). She recognised me from my photos (I wonder if I’ve posted way too many photos?) and that she loved to see photos (apparently there’s an option for that which I didn’t know). Anyway, I was glad we’re friends because she came across as such a pleasant, friendly girl – I would have been glad to know her better.

After sneezing and coughing my way through BSC and risking infecting other shoppers, I decided it was time to head home to rest for that night’s derby. Another FB friend also approached me at the exit. What a small world!

The derby turned out to be a bit of a letdown. We had a goal wrongfully disallowed. I was aghast at Arsenal’s woeful passing. And Adebayor acted so nonchalant, indifferent and disinterested, I was screaming for him to be substituted. Perhaps we should have just sold him after all for his poor performance thus far. In a way, his hamstring injury was a blessing for he was substituted. Didn’t he learn anything from the Shava saga; Shava did all he could to move to Arsenal while Adebayor looked like he couldn’t be bothered with playing.

Then the boo boy Eboue acted childishly and immaturely enough to earn the second yellow card (even if the first was harsh and probably undeserved, he should have kept that in mind. The referee was another scumdog or a scum Spuds sympathiser). That was just so stupid and selfish of him. I say selfish because he didn’t think of his team-mates, only of himself when he reacted to the scum. The result was that for his personal satisfaction and short-term gratification, he robbed his team and the fans of the opportunity of an eleven-man team playing for three points. I know that the scumdog milksop Spuds and any other opponents will try to provoke us every now and then but why stoop so low to their level? So Arsenal had to play with only ten men, with nine stretched to their limits (Almunia did a good job as a goalie too) for close to an hour. My heart almost stopped every time the scums attacked and thank God, the ball didn’t find the back of the net. Not even the returning Kop flop Keane could score. So while Arsenal was bad, Spuds were pathetic. What else were they if they could not beat a ten-man team?

I was screaming and frantically sending telepathic messages to Wenger for someone to be substituted. Why not give Shava his debut for even five minutes? But I think the airwaves were congested as Wenger didn’t get my message and only made a substitution when Clichy was injured. Such a brave guy, he played until he was bleeding unlike some other idiot. Anyway, we
held on for a measly point (we squandered what few and far between chances we had). In my opinion, Men of the Match were Almunia, Nasri, Clichy, Sagna, van Persie... with Adebayor and Eboue the Morons of the Match.

One last line on footie: Big Phil and Tony Adams sacked from Chelshit and Pompey respectively. Oh and I thought I’d also share this
interview with RvP (did you know he plays dart pretty well?). Seen below with the winner Phil Taylor at the World Professional Darts Championship in January 2009 (he was there to support his fellow countryman Raymond van Barneveld).




The plumber came on Sunday afternoon and I was reunited with my ear-stud only five minutes within his arrival. SK, that’s my precious ear-stud and irreplaceable! (I got it at a bargain from Gucci.)

~~~~~~~~

I am appalled and shocked at the raging inferno Down Under and horrified that it was started deliberately. Why would anyone do something like that? Whole villages, towns and communities had been wiped out and burnt down; hundreds of perished lives and injured people; total destruction and devastation... it just doesn’t make sense. The Oz PM has termed it mass murder and I agree. It doesn’t help that Oz is becoming an increasingly arid country although ironically, the north is under water.