Friday, February 06, 2009

New Kid On The Block

Everyone is now satisfied with the Arshavin deal. Heck, Arsenal are hardly to be blamed. It’s not as if we were purposely and intentionally trying to prolong the saga (and suffer heart attack and heartache in the ‘on again, off again’ saga), it’s his old club which was delaying the whole process.

Anyway, while he’s still hot topic, thought I’d share his views on banning women from driving and smoking. Heck, I’m not at all offended with his views (I must be in the minority) because what I’m more interested in is what he can deliver on the pitch. Besides, we don’t all know the Russian culture now, do we, and I bet if someone else says it (someone who’s not as famous, say some guy in the street), he wouldn’t attract as much attention apart from a moment or two of indignation.

And while he can design clothes, I’m not so sure if his talents extend to singing. Here’s a video clip of Andrey singing a song from the long-running children show Cheburashka. This is a translation I got (it’s not all that clear but well, does anyone speak Russian here?!), thanks Katya:

*****

Show is called ‘Good Jokes’ (?!)
Translation of the conversation:
- Well. Continue? The song performed (Andrey stand up) Oh! Andrey Arshavin will sing for us! Excellent! A guess would be Leonid Slutsky (coach of FC Kryliya Sovetov Samara)
- Moveless person from Leonid
- Leonid connected to a group of ‘Clough Finger’
- He did not tremble (?)
- By the way, this team, he adjusts his club. During the break. They come. And he he: Hmm!!!!! Kick It! Kick It! Stumps ball
- (They pulled)
- Andrey, we are ready
- In the microphone, loud and clear, well-known song in Russian. Silence. Studio. Record.
Andrey sings:
Let pedestrians fleeing in puddles clumsily
Let the water run on the asphalt like a river
People do not understand why in such a dirty day I am Happy
- Bravo! Great!
- Andrey also acting!
- On the face of Andrey when he sang, it was written: why should I do? Why am I here?

*****

Hmmm ... I don’t think he’ll be auditioning for the Russian Idol anytime soon if there ever is one. Anyway, this is what we can and hope to expect from him on the field.

~~~~~~~~

I’m feeling under the weather today. I’m feeling feverish, feeling like I can’t stop coughing and generally feeling lousy. The weekend can’t come soon enough. I’m off now, have a good weekend, peeps!