Monday, January 19, 2009

Happy Feat

I went CNY shopping on Friday and Saturday and am happy to report that I managed to buy some clothes (which I didn’t manage to do at all during the Malaysia Savings Sale). Am chuffed and pleased with the bargains I managed to obtain and the clothes I managed to find – and in my size too. Ahhh, if only we enjoy encouragement to shop as the Taiwanese do!

I also placed an order for monthly disposable (non-colour) contact lens on Saturday evening at Better Vision at Ampang Point and arranged to collect them at the branch at Lot 10. I had tried disposable contact lens before when I first started wearing contact lens and wasn’t too comfortable wearing them then but decided to give them another try. Long hours at the office and eyes that become increasingly dry (air-conditioned office, hot weather, prolonged use of contact lens etc) mean long hours of contact lens wear and the ones I have currently are not appropriate for extended wear. After this, I want to avail of the offer at Isetan’s Kimpo-do and get new lens for my glasses. Yes, I still wear glasses - at home. What can I say, I’m too vain and want to wear contact lens outdoors so I must be prepared to pay for both glasses and contact lens.

Yes, my wallet must suffer for my vanity.

I didn’t watch the Hull-Arsenal match as it was at 1730 GMT but for the poor sleep I had, I might as well have watched it instead. The morning papers that Abah bought didn’t carry the result of that match and I waited impatiently for Football Extra at 11 (I didn’t want to watch Final Score reasoning I could watch more action on hour-long Football Extra. Plus
Shebby really annoys me at times). And what do you know, Football Extra would have to show the Hull-Arsenal match last of all. I was already trembling with anxiety with all that waiting and suspense.

Adebayor scored first at the 30th minute before Cousin equalised for the home-side. The Gunners kept
attacking and finally Samir Nasri slotted a second goal in the 82nd minute before Bendtner scored his birthday goal four minutes later. Thank you God!

I miss my Captain Fantastic Cesc fabulous Fàbregas though.

Get well soon my magnificent maestro midfielder munchkin.








Back to happy thoughts and happy feat: I’m happy, pleased and chuffed and on cloud nine because of something that happened on Thursday and something that followed during the weekend. I told SK about it and told her that what I’m feeling is not unlike how I felt when I was doing A-Level and fancied one bloke. Whenever I saw him, I’d smile like a rotten cockle and my friend would ask how I felt and I’d reply, ‘I feel like meowing,’ (like a cat!). And that’s what I’m feeling now: I feel like purring and meowing.

~~~~~~~~

Milan fans had
begged Kaká not to move to Man Shitty. The thing is, Kaká has apparently asserted that he preferred a move either to ManUre or Arsenal if he moved at all. My Captain, meanwhile (despite saying he would not be thinking of football for a while) has said that money and/or Kaká would not guarantee Man Shitty success.