Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Captain Fantastic

It’s official. Señor Francesc Fàbregas aka Cesc aka Fabulous Fàbregas has been named yesterday as the new Arsenal captain.




My heart is singing happily now. I’m happy, chuffed, pleased and thrilled.

From the man himself: ‘It is a great honour for me to captain one of the biggest clubs in the world. It is a proud moment. I know it's a big responsibility but together with my team-mates, I know we have the spirit and commitment to get back to winning ways and fulfil our potential.’ And he also told The Sun that his heart and soul is at Arsenal and that he is committed to the club.

All hail the new captain! Captain Fantastic or Captain Fabulous, I’m sure he will do the job beautifully.

Apart from this momentous announcement (and the injury list), it’s business as usual at the training ground.