Monday, September 29, 2008

Compleanno & Eid Al-Fitri

Well, well, well. Has it been this long already since I entered the blogosphere and joined the land of blogistan? Indeed it has been three years of channelling my energy, expressing myself by writing puerile stuff (surprisingly, the reading level is that of postgraduates, wow oh wow!) and weaving words together on this online graffiti board. It has become a form of psychotherapy outlet, a playground, a place where I can rant and rave whether in long and diatribe detail or short and sweet and concise summaries of what I perceive, see, hear, think and feel. Travel experiences, everyday experiences, footie reviews. It’s all a jumble and all my reflections and opinions of things. I’m confusing and confused like that.

And yes, it’s mainly about me (because everything revolves around me, me, me). And I won’t apologise if anyone find this blog hardly interesting because well, it contains puerile stuff anyway. And with me, What You See Is What You Get. I don’t bare my soul on this blog (maybe I’m not brave enough yet but I have another outlet for that) and I try not to wear my heart on my sleeve. But that’s me as for now. Maybe I’ll change later, who knows, and this blog will reflect that changed person.

~~~~~~~~

After a month-long of abstinence (not if you’re one to go crazy at the Ramadan Bazaar), control, exercising patience and observing ibadah, it’s time again to celebrate and rejoice in the glory and graces of Allah.

Here’s wishing everyone a blessed, happy, peaceful and prosperous Eid. I apologise for my wrongdoings in my posts and/or comments (but I won’t apologise for hating Chelshit and ManUre). May our ibadah continue to be of barakah, insyaAllah. Go easy on your food intake and have a safe trip to/fro your destinations. Oh and thank you for all the physical (and virtual) Eid cards.

Eid Mubarak everyone.

~~~~~~~~

I was angry, furious, mad, depressed and disappointed the whole of yesterday because Arsenal lost on Saturday and at home too. What the heck. I felt like smacking everyone hard. One short week at the top and after 90 minutes of playing, we suddenly dropped to the fourth spot. Idiots!!! Stupid buggers! Grrr... yes, I am absolutely gutted and shattered.

Please excuse me while I let off steam.

Thank God, Lewis Hamilton made it to the Singapore podium and widened the gap for the driver’s championship.

~~~~~~~~

I was also disturbed on Friday when I learnt that a friend’s husband not only remarried but that she is now divorced (before or after the bugger’s second marriage, I know not). They had been married a fair number of years but had not been blessed with a child yet. All the years of courting, marriage and attempts to conceive, all those money spent on IVF treatment, and all those heartaches and disappointments when the pregnancies turned out bad. It’s all been for nothing now.

I know a few couples who are also similarly tested but yet the husbands still stay faithful instead of straying. Is it so difficult to hold on to one’s marriage vows? Is it so difficult to stand by your spouse in times of difficulties and continue to cherish and support her/him? They can always adopt or is that such a horrible thought? OK, so some may argue that you can’t blame him for remarrying but why does she have to be punished/penalised this way then? Is it her fault for not being able to conceive just yet? It’s all God’s will to grant one his/her life partner, wealth, children and good health anyway.

I’d asked this before: where did the love go? And now I ask this: Where Do Broken Hearts Go?