Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thursday Thump

In response to the defeat on Saturday, Arsenal thwarted FC Twente's efforts last night BST in their follow-up encounter at the Emirates. Samir Nasri scored the first goal after wrong-footing two defenders with a sublime turn before firing in a low shot. Gallas added the second goal after the break by slotting home the ball that rebounded from the goalie's block. Walcott got his just reward for his superb display when he curled a low shot past the goalie and Bendtner completed the rout just for good measure. Read about the match here, here and here and Wenger’s reaction here. For more pictures, go here.

The Gunners were firing at last. They thumped Twente as the latter slumped.

And here are some of the photos of the match.












~~~~~~~~

I fell on my rump with a thump this morning on the porch. The porch never was that Slippery When Wet before. A string of colourful curses pierced the fresh morning air as I picked myself up only to fall down again. A fresh string of curses picked on where I left off on this double trouble. I went in to calm myself down as was feeling weak and shaking all over like a leaf before venturing out again.

Funny (not in a ha-ha manner), I was just thinking of how hurtful it must be to those poor footie players who are tripped or fouled upon and those poor goal keepers who fly here and there while saving the ball. Now I have my question answered and not pleasantly too. But I’m sure it hurts a hell of a lot more to fall on a hard slippery porch (and twice too) than on the immaculate field at the Emirates Stadium.

Aye, I now have a bump on my rump.

~~~~~~~~

The mate I mentioned in yesterday’s post dangled an olive branch to me this morning. I refused to reply to his message and told him I wasn’t talking to him when he came over. I think I will not accept the olive branch yet and leave it dangling a bit longer before untangling our dispute.