Thursday, July 17, 2008

Cataloguing Interest

Having blogged at considerable length about the economy yesterday, today I shall blog about something much closer to my heart – shopping, or rather the shopping catalogues of Isetan and, in an attempt to make this blog intellectual, its marketing strategy.

I have been an Isetan member since it opened its doors to KLites in 1990 when I was still a student and I have remained a member for so long because I really loved its selection of goods, the layout of its stores and its catalogues. They send regular newsletters with the latest fashion ideas and promotions (including that relating to Japanese culture) and the fashion ideas are usually themed (gypsy chic, city glam, urban retro) or inspired by the season (spring, summer, autumn and winter even though we don’t have autumn or winter here) or festivities (Eid, Chinese New Year, Christmas and year-end). And I keep most of them for fashion reference.

Isetan also keeps abreast with the latest trend and I don’t mean just fashion. In February this year, it issued a newsletter themed Go Green Eco Fair promoting energy-efficient appliances, solar watches, eco-friendly toys, a natural and beauty fair (selling organic make-up), eco-chic fashion, clothes from organic cotton, footwear from recycled materials and refillable fragrances.

Then in April, it had a health and Wellness Fair promoting health supplements, UV-protecting cosmetic, sports apparel, low fat and fat-free food, vitamin drinks, high-fibre, sugar-free/low sugar, high-calcium and organic food, Tempur mattresses and air sterilisers. I even bought some sports apparel then (but alas, they have since been lying idle in my wardrobe).

And the latest newsletter which I received promotes Sports Fair - in view of the coming Olympic Games, I’m sure. But I don’t think I’ll be buying anything this time despite the glossy pictures of people in various sports attire – golfing, cycling, working out, yoga... because I don’t do all that. I won’t mind buying the new Arsenal kit though (sold in limited quantity at Isetan and pricey too *sigh*).





I’m just too plain lazy... I don’t mind walking but I somehow can’t drag myself out of bed on weekends often enough for my morning walk.






Maybe a poster of Fàbregas being fit in my room would do the trick and inspire me to jump out of bed and start exercising.





~~~~~~~~

This chap has been making headlines. Funny, the outside world believes in his innocence but not those here. The truth is out there.