Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Today

I sent the following email to my mate earlier today:

From: adek@xxx.xxx.my
To: xxx@xxx.xxx.my
Subject: Today

I hadn’t yet kept a diary yet then so I can’t confirm but I’m pretty sure that 20 years ago today, my half-sister passed away.

My half-sister and I were never really close probably because of the huge age difference (and maybe because of other reasons). I don’t have a rose-coloured memory of her now simply because she is no longer with us. I know it’s not nice to talk bad of the dead so I won’t start here, suffice to say that I can remember some things she did which she shouldn’t have done.

May God have mercy on her soul and all who have departed this world. Rest in peace and al-Fatiha to them all.

~~~~~~~~

Emails sent between me and a colleague yesterday evening:


From: xxx@xxx.xxx.my
To: adek@xxx.xxx.my
Subject:

I’m going out 4 a while, just in case u’d like anythin’ from me ;8)

My reply:

From: adek@xxx.xxx.my
To: xxx@xxx.xxx.my
Subject: Re:

I wanna go back on the dot dot today since I’m relying on someone for his goodwill for transport. Plus I wanna sleep early (after House, that’s not exactly early is it) to wake up and watch my boyfriends (note the plural) play footie early tomorrow morning (I’m in the wrong time zone, I tell you).

Translation: Don’t worry; I wouldn’t be disturbing you anymore for the day as I wanted to leave office on time to rest and get up and watch my boyfriends play footie. My Italian boyfriends, that is!

I dragged myself out of bed after 4 am this morning, switched on the TV and watched with growing horror and disbelief as Italy trailed the Netherlands by two goals. The misery was compounded when the latter scored yet another goal. Heck, that was what I got up for? Of course, it was not the same team that won the World Cup a couple of years ago (no Cannavaro, no Nesta) and even the then-defending champion France lost their first 2006 World Cup match. But Azzurri have really got to pull themselves together after this.

~~~~~~~~

I have this throbbing, medium-sized pimple (or abscess?!) somewhere near my hairline and boy, is it hurting me like crazy, enough to make it the topic of discussion with my friend:

Adek: Do you know the difference between a pimple and an abscess?

She: Hahaha... No idea... but xxx once had a pimple or growth that looked like a pimple (can’t really recall) which lasted for a while ... try asking her.

Adek: I have one now on the edge of my hairline and forehead. Hurts like crazzzyyyy. I accidentally hit it this morning after waking up watching footie and screamed silently for at least 10 minutes. It really hurt OK!!! Everyone says it’s pimple but it hurts like an abscessI

She: Ouuchh ... If it were me, I’d have taken a needle and poke that spot and let whatever pus in there come out whatsoeva hehehehe... but it would leave a scar...

Adek: No, DON’T ever do that! I’m too scared to do that, I’m too scared of pain. OK, I’m a coward.

A few minutes later...


Adek: I can’t think of anything except for this blasted pimple!

Folks, I’m not exaggerating, I’m not (normally) a drama queen, I’m not making all this up to milk sympathy but it is seriously hurting like crazy.

*Ouch!!!*