Thursday, June 12, 2008

Scar Tissue

I decided I couldn’t take it any more. Hence, I decided to brave it and visit the doctor this morning. Sent a text to my good mate: ‘I need 2 talk 2 u. ... But I need to go 2 clinic 2, 2 rid myself of this blasted painful pimple’. So it’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s Superman ... or in my case, was it a boil, was it a pimple? Oh ... it was a boil!

And the doctor declared she would poke it saying that no one should poke his/her pimple/acne/boil on their own as it may lead to further infection and besides, if it’s not done properly, the residual pus or whatever might travel in your blood vein or circulation or something like that. (Doctors, please correct me. I understood her but can’t explain it well myself). I told her I don’t do any of that simply because I’m just too scared to cause pain to myself. I’m a coward like that (and ‘brave’ enough to admit it!).

She told me to lie on the bed and sterilised the area. I stopped breathing. She continued talking and explained the procedure. I half-listened, continued holding my breath and squeezed my eyes shut tight. She poked it and I experienced some pain.

After what seemed an eternity but in reality perhaps less than a minute later, she was already applying some cream on the area and sticking an adhesive bandage on my forehead. So now I have a little band-aid on my forehead. She also gave me the cream to be applied on the area and some band-aid too.

Went back to the office and told them they were all wrong, that the blasted painful pimple was actually a bloody boil all along. My mates all shook their heads and wondered how on earth would I ever go through a childbirth... well, we’ll cross the bridge when we come to it, won’t we.

OK, I better stop lest you think I’m obsessed over my abscess. I shall attempt to write a more stimulating post henceforth - but no promises of course.