Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Dirty Dozen

My ‘Dirrty’ habits and less-than-appealing characteristics:

1. I bite/chew my nails sometimes. There are times when I do it unconsciously, like when I’m watching footie, nervous and agitated.
2. I have an unhealthy craving for junk food. What can I say, I’m a ‘junkie’. I try to eat healthily now but still have a stock of instant noodles stashed in my larder.
3. I don’t brush my hair all that regularly. I prefer to think it gives me a just-out-of-bed tousled look.
4. I crack my knuckles. I used to do this a lot when I was growing up and this drove Mummy Crazy.
5. I am stubborn and hard-headed. I want my own way and I Want it That Way.
6. I throw tantrums at times. I sulk and I pout and sometimes stomp my feet (oh dearie me). Yes, I know I’m no longer a child but I can’t seem to stop behaving like one at times (blame my parents for still treating me like one).
7. I used to be a spendthrift. I’m a bit more careful now that I earn my own money and know how difficult it is. There are times when I still lose control and spend impulsively (and recklessly) though. And just like those on crash diets, I feel guilty after this momentary lapse of judgement ... until the next sale beckons.
8. I lose my temper easily. Aye, I’m a quick-tempered and hot-tempered (and hot-blooded) chick.
9. I am impatient. I walk up and down escalators if it saves some time and I can’t stand morons who stand on both sides of the escalators. Ever heard of keeping to your left to allow others to pass?
10. I swear quite a lot. I curse like a sailor and swear like a trooper. I invent new swear words when I watch footie, the most recent being when I watched Arsenal host the Villains (I was so annoyed with Arsenal’s performance that I switched the tube off 1.5 minutes into extra time – and hence missed Bendtner’s goal).
11. I’m a pro at procrastinating. I have Facebook requests dating back weeks. In the end, I ignored some of them, when I could have ignored them a lot sooner.
12. I can be very undisciplined. I know I have and want to keep fit and yet I constantly have to battle with myself and the temptations of the bed.

~~~~~~~~

I spent last weekend exercising. My first workout was to clean micasa and keep it spick and span on Saturday morning. I stretched and I bent and cleaned every corner possible (well, except for the window sills, the windows and the ceilings...). Then I went for retail therapy (but my plans for a massage were dashed as the centre was close for renovation). So I walked the length and breadth the shopping complex and I put my card through some swiping and err, while I should have exercised some restraint, I got a wee bit carried away with my purchases.

That evening saw me sprawled on the couch, my hair unbrushed, exercising my vocal cords by spewing swear words at the Gunners, losing my temper every now and then. Alas, my nails were short otherwise I’d be chewing them too.

On Sunday Morning, I fought against my desire to remain in bed and finally dragged myself up and out for a morning walk. I walked less distance this time – only 3.86 km or 4836 steps. I also went all domesticated and washed the kitchen curtains and sew the hem of my trousers. And I reversed my morning walk efforts by gorging on Pringles later.

And because I’m a procrastinating pro, I’m only posting this today instead of yesterday.

Get well soon Eduardo.