Friday, February 29, 2008

(Still) Alive And Kicking

I have been spending the past few days lunching at my desk while surfing the Net and doing further studies and cost-benefit analysis at home. The major part of it has been settled but I am now working out other details. I have been meaning to write – I do miss writing in this blog - but didn’t quite manage to find the time.

Since my last posting, I have also managed to meet up with my dear friends: Elle, who was in town last week, last Thursday evening, and last night, my Taiwanese neighbour at varsity, Jenifer, who flew in from her native Taiwan for a meeting. It was wonderful to meet up with them and I had fun playing tourist guide to Jenifer (not a problem when our rendezvous was at KLCC!). She told me that she and her colleagues were charged RM20 for a cab-ride to the KL Tower from KLCC – that was just so ridiculous and bad of KL cabbies: you give KL a bad name! So I made sure that she got a cab with a working metre machine back to the hotel.

Apart from that, life is pretty much the same. I’m still Alive And Kicking, but not yet quite quaking (speaking of which, an earthquake did recur in England a few days ago though. Funny, my first earthquake experience was in England rather than in this region). Oh, there’s also all the hype surrounding the coming elections, and coupled with the environment in the office, it is all I can do sometimes from shouting out loud ‘A Little Less Conversation, a little more action please!’ On the family front, I’d made deals and pacts with my nephew and niece last weekend – it should be fun to see how they fulfil their end of the bargain.

Boy, am I looking forward to the weekend. Bring it on!