Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Pride And Prejudice

My current work environment is challenging with new blood trying to exert dominance and ostracising us, the minority. I have no problems with new people but these are really different species of the workforce whom I’ve been fortunate not to have encountered before until now. The sheer stupidity of doing duplicated work seems to be lost on them and they are also too proud and arrogant to ask us for information which we have. Man, I don’t know much either but what little I do know, I will share if asked. But none of them has asked either me or my other colleagues.

I call it stupid pride. Because that’s all it really is, stupid, silly pride. And as we know, pride goes before a fall. I hope I will never been that stupidly proud and arrogant to ask people for help. And I was lucky to have bosses who encouraged me to ask questions.

On another note, we suspect the new blood have been hacking into our computer. My colleague told me her place has been messed last week. And I came this morning to find my computer has been disturbed too. I can’t imagine people stooping so low to actually hack into another’s PC but now that it’s happened to me, I can believe anything now. God help us.

~~~~~~~~

My niece and nephew changed schools in the middle of last year for logistical convenience. I don’t think my active and gregarious nephew had any problems settling in his new environment but his sister didn’t fare so well. My sweet and shy niece apparently had her new classmates telling each other not to befriend the new kid on the block.

It disturbs me that children, as young as eight, can already be prejudiced, hostile and spiteful to one another. Whatever happened to that innocence we think is inherent in children?