Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Dream Trips

I’ve been having vivid dreams of trips of late. About a fortnight ago, I dreamt that I was in London. Not that I could recall the buildings but there were neon lights and I just knew somehow that I was in London. Then last week I dreamt I was in Taipei, visiting a palace fit for a King [strange, considering it is a Republic and never had a King]. I remember it being a tad cold, so it could be autumn or early winter.

And last night I dreamt I was in Hong Kong with my guy friends (the four musketeers). I remember walking along a long, winding corridor in a building and the building is just next to the sea. In fact, we could see the rocky beach as we walked along the corridors in search of my room. I’m not sure if there are rocky beaches in Hong Kong and don’t ask why the four musketeers were trailing me; it was a dream anyway.

They could be a sign for something. Or not. Maybe what I’m having is just Around The World In ... My Dreams. Oh, of course I long to go on a round-the-world trip but I’d rather it be a real, not a fantasy trip.

For now, I suppose dreams will have to suffice.