Saturday, July 07, 2007

070707

Today is the day. The day we planned to get married. The day we planned to tie our love legally. Ever since we (sort of) agreed on this date, I’d stop at the jewellery section of Isetan every time I/we go there and look at the platinum rings. See, I planned to buy him one as a wedding ring. Nothing but only the best will do.

Alas it is not meant to be... because mine is just another sad love story. I still stop at the Isetan jewellery section though, maybe out of habit.

Today also is my niece’s birthday and Akak’s birthday will be in three days’ time.

And yesterday was my birthday. Yet another year down this journey of life. I still have many on my to-do list: of things to do, see, accomplish, learn and understand, places to visit, experiences to be gained, deeds to be done, of will to be drawn up [though it sucks big time to have this on one’s to-do list]. And just like last year, I had an attack of birthday blues a few days before too.

Thanks to everyone who remembered and took the time to wish me. Thanks all for the birthday wishes, birthday prayers, cards, text messages and presents. I truly do appreciate them. I thank God that I’m still blessed with the love of family and friends.

p/s: I’m still on my self-imposed financial diet. Birthday ang pows to ‘Tide Adek Over Financial Diet’ in the form of major foreign currencies (I’m talking Euro and pound sterling here. OK, greenback will do too) will be greatly appreciated and warmly welcomed. Oh, Isetan vouchers accepted too.

I started the day cleaning micasa – birthday or not, I am a clean freak - and then rewarding myself with retail therapy. And being the Gucci Girl that I am, I spent some time in the store before emerging out (a lot) poorer. Yes, I still remember my financial diet but the store is having a sale and hey, birthday comes only once a year, right. And besides, I didn’t manage to get the Prada bag so yesterday’s purchases should make up for that. Now I just want the Gucci Zodiac pendant to replace the one I lost [and some lingerie would be nice too].