Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I Know What I Did Last Midsummer Weekend

It was a weekend of marathons of sorts.

There was the marathon of house cleaning: sweeping, mopping and scrubbing... and oh, even laundering too.

Then there was the celluloid marathon of Ocean’s Thirteen and the Fantastic Four. In between, I was engaged in a marathon of window shopping and browsing and walking in and out of stores and enjoying the delights that the shopping mall with everything under the sun had to offer. Oh and by the way, my material dream of owning that Prada bag had ended. It was there in the morning but when I returned to get it later in the afternoon, it was already sold. Yes, it was the last piece available and no, Singapore doesn’t have it either. I felt a strange mixture of relief – at the prospect of saving all that money – and disappointment – of being denied the pleasure of owning the coveted bag.

And then there was the marathon of Smallville viewing. I only just finished season two with at least three more seasons to go. The loaned DVDs have been with me for simply ages. And in between, there was the marathon of National Geographic reading. No, there was no marathon bingeing though. Sometimes I can really eat like a champ; sometimes I just don’t have the appetite. I may have overdosed on Pringles but that was about it.

I was too lazy to get up for a morning walk on Sunday Morning but managed to drag myself out later in the evening and brisk walked to the nearest Giant supermarket to stock up on groceries.

And that was how my midsummer weekend was spent.