Monday, April 09, 2007

The F1/Easter Weekend

It was a hot, scorching weekend alright.

Headed back to HQ on Saturday but not before stopping in the city to get Mummy’s birthday gift. Had been contemplating a haircut for the past week – yes, despite barely two months after the Bandung haircut – so stopped by at my usual hairdresser but alas she wasn’t in. the noon sun was merciless and in a way that made me even more determined to chop off my hair. So I went over to another hairdresser [which charges more]. Thankfully there were only two customers and one was finishing. I was just thankful for the air-cond relief of the room.

A lady came to attend to me almost instantly. Told her that I wanted a layered haircut [been toying with the idea for some time now]. She agreed it was a good decision. Yet as she was snipping off my hair, I couldn’t help thinking, ‘Oh, what am I doing?’ Well, you can’t really undo a haircut of course! My eyes kept roving at the mirror to look at the wall clock and down at the white sheet cloaked around me to see the fallen hair. I think she was nearing the end when she asked me whether the length was all right and thinking of the heat, I told her to cut my hair even shorter, the shortest she could. So snip, snip, snip, she went.

An hour later [it normally takes only a quarter of an hour for my usual non-layered haircut], I emerged out into the blinding sunlight with a hair so short, I could be a G.I. recruit. It’ll be a long wait before I can get my next usual straight cut snip, should I tire of layered hair. The heat was searing, just like the heatwave that usually precedes a heavy rain. Alas, despite the rumbles of thunder and dark clouds, it didn’t rain a single drop at all.

Don’t feel like mentioning this but stupid Arsenal got hammered by West Ham on Saturday. Idiots!

On Sunday Morning, I persuaded Mummy to go for a Thai massage. We requested for a private room and female masseuses. Turned out the Thai employees actually stay very near HQ. The massage was unlike anything I’ve gone through before [even the massage I went for in Bangkok was mild in comparison]: it was painful and our masseuses were using their hands, forearms, elbows, knees and even feet to massage us...! My face was contorted in pain throughout and I felt my muscles, sinew, veins, tissues, tendon all screaming in agony and pain. In fact, I’m pretty sure she even managed to break down my baby fat at my flabby thighs. I bet my masseuse was trying hard not to laugh at my pained expression.

I was feeling pain all over and still grimacing and hungry and famished at the end of it. Still, it was money well-spent. Abah then came and we had lunch at
Tarbush.

On the F1 front, McLaren toppled Ferrari at Sepang thanks to Alonso and
Hamilton. Kimi, you shouldn’t have left McLaren!

It was a scorching F1/Easter weekend alright. And now, it’s a brand new week *ugh*. Looking forward to The Amazing Race: All-Stars tonight. I don’t know why I have this feeling that Malaysia will be one of the next few pitstops. Well, we’ll see.