Friday, April 06, 2007

Confessions Of A Shopaholic: Part II

I have to confess: I have not managed (and probably will never be able) to control my desires. I have occasionally (ahem) given in to my weaknesses and desires. And I have lusted. Oh, have I lusted, desired and craved indeed for the following...

...Shoes

Yes, I love them. Almost every time I make a trip to Isetan, I’d check out the shoes department. Wedges. Platforms. Pumps. Mules. Open-toes. Slingbacks. Sandals. Yet to develop fondness for ballerina and kitten heel shoes though.

...Bags

Oh yes. Bags. What would a girl do without one? It’s to stuff your wallet, hand phone, house keys, facial tissues, note book... Kelly bag, barrel bag, tote, pouch, clutch, handbag, hobo, even messenger bag and backpack, I love my bags.

...Chocolates

Ahhh yes, that sinful food. Rich dark chocolate, bittersweet, milk chocolate, white chocolate, plain or with nuts and raisins. My staple food during my MBA days and my good friend on the sofa, when I’m nursing PMS, when I feel like biting something. Heck, my good friend any time of the day. Too much of chocolate though will make my throat feel funny and soon after, I’d get a sore throat. Well, chocolates are ‘heaty’ food after all.

...Lingerie


Ooh, aah, I do so love, love, love lingerie. There’s just something about pretty, lacy, frilly, flirty, flimsy, skimpy and sexy undergarments. They are mysterious and sensual, alluring and seductive. I love checking out knickers – I love lacy shorts now and hope to own a Brazilian soon - and bras and night slips/night dresses. I’d like to own a babydoll and maybe a teddy too one day [and mind you, I’m not referring to a doll or a fragrance, or a teddy bear! I already have teddy bears!] to wear in my boudoir. And who cares if no one can see them. I feel good wearing them. And when one feels good, one is confident. One thing though, except for slips, I hate undergarments in skin colour.

...Clothes

But of course! I don’t really consider myself as a fashionista but there was once when someone asked me to advise another mate how to dress. I was not comfortable with that because hey, I wouldn’t like to be advised on how to dress either. I used to dress in my own style but now that I’m covered, I have to be more careful with my selection of clothes which I think of as my signature style.

...Lippies

I do so love lippies. They come in so many different gorgeous shades [I’m amazed how the producers manage to come up with so many shades, let alone so many names for them!]. I have quite a few in my collection now, I have two different cases for them: one to store my lippie for what I call my autumn/winter wear and another for my spring/summer wear. For someone who barely had a tube of lippie when she graduated from her degree, Adek has certainly come a long way in lippie ownership. You’ll be glad to know that I’ve stopped buying them for some time now... though I still like to check them out in catalogues.

...Toiletries

Oh, I soooo love those shower and bath gels, body lotion, body scrubs, body talc and even hand cream...! They all come in different scents - some floral, some fruity – and different packaging to lure me. So irresistible. I used to be able to spend hours simply sniffing and checking out The Body Shop, Yves Rocher, Crabtree & Evelyn, L'Occitane - and even Marks & Sparks - and pharmacies [Boots, Superdrug and even the local Guardian], and even catalogues.


Yes, blame all them magazines and catalogues for my weaknesses.