Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The Traits That Maketh Me

Here We Go again, back to the lists galore... of the (less than desirable) traits that maketh me me. I’m sure you’ve already known some of them through my past ramblings but at the risk of repeating myself, let’s just revisit them shall we.

1. I’m a ditsy donna. Scatterbrain. Absent-minded. That’s why I rely on lists. Although lists can only help so much as they can’t help me recover/find things I lose/misplace.

2. I have emotional ups and downs. Emo yoyo is what I call it. This means I’m broody and moody and crabby and crappy at times. Watch out! The next mood swing will be right about any minute now [actually, unfortunately, most of the time, I cannot predict when my next mood swing will be]. I can also be emotionally insecure at times.

3. I’m also a very sensitive person. I’m touchy. I cry easily. Well, apparently Cancerians are supposed to be sensitive folks, despite the hard shell they supposedly have around themselves.

4. I’m a fussy puss. Sometimes I prefer doing things myself because I want things done in a certain way [all together now, I Want It That Way...]. This also explains why I don’t want any housemates.

5. I have OCD. I double-check, triple-check, heck, multiple-check windows and shutters and doors before going to sleep and/or leaving the house. And also because I am ditsy, I check things again and again.

6. I’m a very stubborn, hard-headed girl. But I am never stubborn enough to admit it!

7. I have a short fuse. I am hot-tempered and ill-tempered. Believe me, I used to be a lot worse. People who don’t know me would likely dismiss me as a spoilt brat with a mood to match.

8. I’m actually a coward. I’m afraid of creeping things. This includes anything from lizards and cockroaches to rodents. I cringe when I watch horror or thriller movies or avert my face away from the screen or simply shut my eyes.

9. I’m a clumsy klutz. I bump into things, walk into doors, stumble when I walk.

10. I get easily stressed, distressed and depressed. I don’t handle stress well. Unlike the old Tag Heuer advert, Don’t Crack Under Pressure, I crack [and sometimes cry] at the slightest provocation. I’m not strong enough at times to endure life’s challenges. So I seek help and solace and comfort from God, family and friends.



11. I think too much, ever since I was a kid. There were times when I couldn’t sleep, thinking and worrying about something. My parents used to tease me about this. Yeah, it is silly because a lot of things are outside my circle of influence. But I can’t help it; sometimes I even think of work when cleaning micasa - somehow it helps because I always have those ‘Aha!’ moments.

12. I act like a (spoilt) brat at times. I huff and puff when I’m not pleased, stamp my feet and stomp around when things don’t go my way, and sulk and pout when people tease me. Well, I think most youngest child behave this way. I’m just being normal!

13. I can be fickle-minded and indecisive. I change my mind, rethink, reconsider, reevaluate things. Maybe I should just stop thinking about things too much.

Cor blimey! it looks like I am a true Cancerian after all.

So... What Are You Made Of?