Saturday, September 02, 2006

A Quickie

This will have to be a quickie. Posting I mean [Whatever are you thinking!] - am due to board my plane for the journey home anytime now and waiting to be called to board. It's scheduled to leave in less than 15 minutes and I'm still here, in the airport lounge. Frantically typing away [I've earlier typed something but didn't manage to save/publish it due to server error].

It was a frantic dash to the airport gate last Saturday, an endless day of frantically running around it seemed. The guy in front of me overheard me talking on the cell and when I told him I was going on a study trip, he asked if I was a student. Woohoo! I look young enough to be mistaken as a student. How very flattering indeed to my ego. Of course, being clad in my trademark-flying outfit – an unbuttoned shirt worn over a t-shirt, casual pants [no more jeans for me in this weather!] and Converse shoes probably didn't help any. Not exactly a typical business class occupant dress code I’m Sure but as long as I looked neat [and chic and cool, heh!], who cares.

I was fortunate enough to be travelling on Business Class, Thank You God - only now they call it the Golden Club - on the new brand spanking Boeing 777-200 with the cool seat. I was offered to move forward to row 2 as they were concerned I would be disturbed by wailing children and I gratefully took up the offer [but of course]. The sight of me dressed like a teenager occupying that posh cabin space must have got the cabin crew thinking that I must have a rich sugar daddy somewhere who sponsors my trips. And oh, what lovely space the rich travellers get to enjoy over the hoi polloi – seats that looked futuristic [they even give light massage!], ample spacious leg space, meals served over crisp laundered table placemat accompanied with similarly crisp napkin and silver/stainless steel cutleries to boot and toiletries by L’Occitane.

And I am thankful I don't suffer from aviatophobia or aviophobia and that there weren't any Snakes on that Plane or any plane that I've flown in before. Although arguably, there are snakes alright, not the slithering reptiles ones but (mammal) snakes who piss and hiss and flick their tongues at you. Euuuwww, not Sure which I prefer less. Or more. Whatever.

And I was thankful that the aircrew didn't refer to me in saccharine sweet voices as they did previously. Yup, they used to do that in Business Class.

And Thank You God for the opportunity to travel to this (exotic) country. Will be writing on that later. Oh look, it's wayyy past departure time already. Looks like I'll be further detained in this country than I expected. Oh and guess what, the security checks at the airports I travelled through this country the past week was severe. Ruthless. I got my handcream and face mist confiscated. And I'm nowhere near Europe or the USA! I still have more than enough change of my foreign currency as I didn't quite manage to shop [boohoo]. But like I said, more on that later.

Right now, I just want to board the plane and sleep. And it'll have to be a quickie one 'cause it's not a long flight home [hurrah!]. Now if only we'll depart soon 'cause this posting is getting a wee bit long for a quickie entry.