Friday, August 04, 2006

Thank God It's Friday

The day didn't start very well. I was very late... by 16 minutes. Boy oh Boy. Actually, when I first started work, I used to come very late. Not intentionally of course but because of the stupid, unreliable buses. It was a wonder TheOrganisation didn't sack me then. Probably 'cause my university tuition degree cost too much for TheOrganisation to simply write me off [not that I could ever reimburse TheOrganisation in this lifetime!]. Anyway, I've improved over the years, so much so that These Days, I am often at my desk by 7.40 a.m. already - provided the bus turns up early of course and/or I manage to catch it. Ha... Mummy used to tell me to rise early and go to work early. I was in denial then, not prepared to join the workforce. [Am I now anyway, I wonder?!]. In fact, I'm constantly surprised they haven't found me out yet. But, get this: those things I don't know much, I will darn well find out and learn.

In answer to my query on leg cramps, DoctorJones advised that I don't go Shopping. Oh, I know he was just jesting ;) He knows me sufficiently enough to know I'm a Shopping Queen. His email made me smile and brightened up my morning. Not going Shopping sounds like a death sentence to Miss Shopaholic me and I told him so.

Went to settle my Larger Than Life credit card outstanding amount during lunch. Stopped by at Isetan to grab some bargains. Funny how I still managed to inflict damage to my plastic moments after settling my outstanding amount.

And the day gets better as it progresses: the advice, the breakfast provided [I was even invited over to another mini party and I really stuffed myself. I really should try put on some weight or at least maintain it], the Shopping break and I'm going back to HQ later too.

Yes, the weekend is Finally here!