Thursday, August 17, 2006

Disjointed Thoughts

I have a 'nice' little growth slightly off my right chin. Yes, blimey crikey, it's a blinking pimple aka zit! I only noticed it Yesterday evening and - oh horror of all horrors - it seems to be increasing in size every few hours, just in time for the event I'm taking care of next week. Nice... NOT! Oh God, What Have I Done To Deserve This?! Nursing a pimple at this age? And I betcha, at the event, everyone will be staring hard at it and trying unsuccessfully to look as if he/she isn't, but I know that's what that's got their attention. Not even my best angelic smile complete with dimple can distract them from my pimple.

I don't normally apply cream to zap zits off 'cause I never invested in any - thankfully I don't get them that often. Funny [not in a ha ha ho ho way] how it knows just exactly when to sprout out! I'm thinking of maybe sticking a nice handiplast on my face to hide it from the rest of the world. I wonder if it comes transparent-like or in skin-colour so that it wouldn't be too obvious? But wait. What do I say if people ask? That I'd bang my chin against the door [er, although I'm sure I'm capable of that]? I'd sound clumsy then!

This morning I decided to apply my shiny lip gloss in my vain (and futile) attempt to distract malicious tongues from making snide remarks at my zit. And I couldn't unscrew the cap of the gloss. Duh! So I had to ask the Arsenal supporter to help me with it [aye, how embarassing to ask a guy to open a girl's cosmetic bottle]. No one's made any remark yet, on either the zit or lip gloss. Hmmm...

Anyway, let's hope it disappears reallll soon. If possible, before the event. And the trip next weekend. In the meantime, any suggestions on how to rid pimples successfully, Without A Trace, pain and side effects, and on how to distract people from staring at it are most welcome.

~~~~~~~~

My friend told me she's feeling moody. I can so relate to her 'cause I'm feeling so stressed and stretched now. And I feel moody, crappy and shitty too 'cause I can't cope for much longer with one less staff and what with the event next week I'm in charge of, which by the way is taking wayyy too much of my time. I do hope it'll be the last event I have to be involved in ever cos I'm not that organised even if I want to and should be, and I just hate going into nitty-gritty micro details, which are not that urgent but still very important. So I know now that I cannot be an event organiser [after watching the Wedding Planner a while ago, I actually toyed with the idea of doing something similar, but no thanks now]. So what else can I not be besides an event organiser? Most definitely not a chef 'cause I don't like to cook!

And like her, Sometimes I can't be bothered with dealing with people too. Yesterday, I barely managed [actually not sure if I did manage] to control my boiling temper at someone who called in. I felt like shouting abuse at the lady. I was feeling that crappy and snappy. After the conversation ended, I slammed down the phone and took it off the hook - for the major part of the day. So no job dealing with customers for me, or teaching or tutoring, 'cause I don't have the patience.

My friend also said that depression is common. In a strange way, I'm glad to know that. 'Cause I've been wondering if it's just me suffering from occasional depression. And if I'll have to be put on sedatives, and I'll start seeing things that aren't there, hearing voices that aren't there etc etc.

Questions: Does stress produce pimples? Does stress also induce leg/foot cramps? Appreciate medical/expert opinion but am too skint to pay for consultancy fees.

~~~~~~~~

Two Scrabble matches down and another to go. I managed to score two bingos on the first day [only to discover the first word is non- existent!] and a hat-trick of bingos in Yesterday's game. Syukur... I am aiming for the highest bingo score prize so must need to score better bingos tomorrow [yea, I earn a paltry salary, that's why I look forward to and actually aim to win all these prizes, kind of benefit-in-kind. Sad, eh]. My current bingos scores fall short of the highest mark for bingo scored so far. To those clueless about what I just said, check this out.

But tomorrow will be a challenge. Most definitely a BIG challenge. But maybe I can distract my opponent with my pimple eh.