Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A Bolt From The Blue

The Blue affair started off when Japan met Australia. After successfully defending the advances from the Socceroos, Japan finally yielded to not one, not two, but three goals from Australia. I wasn't particularly overjoyed with this out of the Blue turn of events but the Blue-jerseyed Japanese only had themselves to blame for not scoring more. The rough tough Socceroos elbowed their ways through the physically smaller-frame Japanese. The referee was quite liberal at flashing yellow cards and there were Seven Up. I shall say no more save that it was a Blue first-match ending for the Japanese.

Then there was my date this morning with eleven hot Italian hunks. So hot, lively and entertaining, I don't know which one to go for. A girl simply cannot choose only one of them. Mamma mia! But worry not, I handled the situation very well if I may say so myself. And before you mind turns Blue, I am referring to the match between Azzurri and World Cup debutants Ghana of course, which was exciting and action-packed. Si, an even balance between the two teams. Still the occasional inevitable tumbling was had especially by Azzurri. No more Maldini and no Inzaghi in sight either this morning and those I still know from Euro 2004 and the last World Cup have changed their hair styles. Shorter hair for Totti, cleaner shave/crew cut for del Pierro and Cannavaro, but the newer players are still as gorgeous as (most) Italians can be. And Finally it was Azzurri which blew Italy's blues away leaving Ghanese with the blues.

~~~~~~~~

I saw Red this morning as I was leaving for work. There was a body on my porch! Flipping hell. I blanked my mind out and set about removing yet another dead body of a rodent. What little I saw of the remains told me it was a healthy rodent alright, quite a big one too. Sheesh. It's disturbing that there are still rodents in the neighbourhood, even with all the cats around. And annoying that the cats thought I'd appreciate their offering. But it's a tricky thing: Get rid of the cats and the rodents multiply. Don't get rid of the cats and you get dead bodies in your area. Can't say which I prefer but I know rodents are not and never Wanted Dead Or Alive.

Trivial as it may seem, I wonder how long the body had been left there. I sure didn't hear any struggles last night as I watch Japan played Australia, nor during this morning's vigil over the Italy-Ghana meet. What I did hear though were loud noises from the neighbour last night - there were shouts piercing through the otherwise silent night, doors were slammed and angry words being exchanged. Woo hoo. Somehow I didn't think it was because someone in the house Lost a footie bet. Anyway, I hope it'll work out (and that there will be no repeat of pandemonium for the evenings and early mornings to follow) and I sure hope it's not a case of domestic violence.

It's South Korea vs Togo this evening, followed by France vs Switzerland and Brazil vs Croatia. Cor! Another exciting evening ahead! (And let's hope I don't need to get rid off another body any time soon.)