Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Moan Day

They really should call it Moan Day instead of Monday.

Had a mixed weekend. Of course, there was the inevitable house-cleaning chores on Saturday, including pulling off weeds off the front lawn. Am not gonna bother with the backyard yet though - saw some of the neighbour's rabbits occasionally there; hopefully they'll eat all the grass and save me from having to do it. Then only did I tackle house-cleaning, scrubbing, washing, ya da hey di da before finishing at noon. No, unlike Samantha Sweeting, I'm not an undomestic goddess. [Although I still dislike cooking and can't cook to save my life. But cook I must as I need to manage expenses since I just return from holidays and only earning MYR. Besides eating out means (sometimes) paying the earth for some greasy, MSG-and-sodium chloride-laden, cholesterol-rich food which don't taste anywhere as good as Mummy's cooking anyway.]

Had a well-deserved nap then went to Bangsar Shopping Centre in the evening. Inflicted some damage to my MasterCard, among others, I bought an anklet at KM Oli to replace the one that dropped off without me realising it in March/April. Yes, only a blurred, dazed, ditsy person like me can walk without realising her jewellery is falling off her.

Some stupid cats have again decided to do their business at my balcony - and by business, I mean big business, not the territorial mark of urine which I could just rid off with a strong room spray or air freshener - so an early Sunday Bloody Sunday morning was spent cleaning them up. Now, weeks ago, some cat had decided that it was cute to leave me some 'altar offering' in the form of a rodent's [I can never tell the difference between a mouse and a rat] dead body at the balcony and I had to remove it of course, almost gagging in the process. Really Bad cats! I almost vomitted twice! The significance of this earlier unpleasant discovery of a dead body means the disturbing existence of rodents in my area and fortunately or unfortunately there are enough cats around to ensure that the rodent population will not multiply that fast [yes, maybe I do need cats after all if only for that purpose] but I don't relish removing more dead bodies every now and then. Why did the darn cat[s] have to leave it on the balcony instead of in some drain where it could conveniently be washed away? Anyone knows how I can stop the cats from using my balcony as their playground (or toilet, more like!) and offering altar, let me know. Similarly, to anyone who knows cat repellent. Hmm, wonder if eBay has anything that can answer this need?

Went out to KLCC after that to catch The Da Vinci Code with a girlfriend. I managed to get the 1130 slot [after at least five times of ringing TGV]. The phone booking collection queue was very long, if anything it looked longer than the normal queue. The unfriendly countergirl keyed in the wrong ref no. TWICE and then said I had no choice with the allocated seats - the seats allocated were at row D - to which I replied sarcastically, sth like fine, whatever, 'It's not as if I have any say anyway, do I,' and stormed off. Bought wedding present for an upcoming wedding at Isetan [of course] and later some crystal stuff, just to add more damage to credit card. Hey, I've been a really frugal and not been really Shopping for the first 4 months of the year! I deserve it! [now I sound like Becky Brandon nee Bloomwood. Yes, I can totally relate to her but she's worse than me. Yes. Really]. Anyway, I know my friends know me enough, enough for one of them to ask me once whether I'm a high-maintenance girl. My reply was, 'No, not really. I don't think so', before adding, 'But I love GUCCI!'

Alas, the weekend flew way too fast and it was back to the office yesterday. Like I have a choice. And a Moan Day it turned out to be too. Suffice to say that I simply hate people who put other people down. And to achieve what, I wonder? To boost your ego? Improve your reputation? I don't think it will make people Respect you that way. If anything, I think it's pathetic to make fun of another in front of an audience. Simply pathetic, spiteful and petty. Crude, mannerless oaf, attempting a cheap shot at what he thought was a joke. A mean, tasteless joke, no less.

How and to whom do I forward my suggestion for Monday to be renamed? Let me know.