Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Back To Life, Back To Reality

It's back to the grind for me after a nice, wonderful, fantastic two-week vacation. Slept poorly for two consecutive nights since touching down on Saturday morning and hence it was a zombie-like me making my (re)appearance at the office yesterday. Hunger set in quickly after tackling my accumulating work emails [managed to clear my web-based emails when I was away. What? Check on my work emails while on vacation? You Gotta Be kidding me] and clearing some workload and I finally went to see my new boss at 11-ish [after having some miso soup to nourish the famished working soul]. That took a good part of an hour so it was good thinking to have that soup after all or I'd risk collapsing in the midst of discussion [yes, I'm sure I'm capable of that. For some reason, sometimes I Get Weak all of a sudden, especially after exerting myself].

I had no choice but to clean the house when I got back Saturday morning 'cause I just couldn't unpack, rest and sleep in such a dusty environment! Call me a health/hygiene freak but then again, as someone advised me previously, the best way to cure jet lag is to stick to the local hours. To test me further, my clothes rack had collapsed during my absence, along with my already-ironed work clothes, so I (tearfully, for this newly discovered unpleasant discovery was not a welcome addition to my already exhausted state) had to do some DIY work to fix it up. Finally collapsed into an exhausted sleep at 2 sth in the afternoon.

Woken up on Sunday by my parents who dropped by at 9 am on their way home from PD [yes, they must have checked out just after a very early breakfast, they normally do that kind of very early travelling]. Abah's car left some marks on the porch and I had to clean [read: wash and scrub] the porch after they left. Been meaning to do that anyway. It was off for some grocery shopping after that - the fridge was empty save for chocolates and bottles of fruit juice - and I wasn't about to start having instant noodles as my staple diet.


Went to do some toiletries and groceries shopping after work yesterday. I don't know about you but my toiletries and food supplements somehow seem to run out at the same time. Now, Ain't It Funny having to replenish them simultaneously? Talk about coincidence!


I need a Holiday to recover from my Holiday...! Ahhh, but now it's Back To Life, Back To Reality...sob!

Coming up next... Passport To Europe ... with Adek [no, not with Samantha Brown].