Thursday, April 06, 2006

What's The Story, Morning Glory?

What's The Story, Morning Glory indeed! And the glory [for the moment] belongs to Arsenal... for making it to their first ever Champions League semi-finals. I actually woke up this morning to watch the 2nd half but was flicking between the channels. As much as I like watching footie, watching Arsenal play sometimes make me feel like I'll get a heart attack soon. Anyway, I thought the Barca -Benfica game seemed more exciting, well, what little action I saw anyway. I only just managed to stop myself from cursing out loud at the Gunners a few times, otherwise I'd probably have risked Waking Up The Neighbours. You poor souls won't be so Lucky come June when the World Cup kicks off! Btw, Arsenal did it without a single English player in either of the two legs against both Juventus and Real Madrid. Ah, some might see it as hollow victory for English football but as someone put it, 'Arsenal are an English team and to me it does not matter what nationality it says on the passports, they are Arsenal players'. No place for xenophobia in sport.

A mate is going to Bali in July [wouldn't it be sweltering then?!]. I've never been to Bali and it's not on top of my destination list yet. I still haven't gone to many islands and beaches here! At the moment, Perhentian, Lang Tengah and Sibu Islands sound more tempting to me than Bali or Phuket, and not too touristy either. The same friend is going to Seoul tomorrow midnight on a company trip! How nice! Good thing I've been there, otherwise I'd smuggle myself in her luggage.


Initially I had a plan to go to Siem Reap this weekend 'cause this Tuesday is Maulidur Rasul hence it's a public holiday. So I can just take Monday off. But now I have to go to somewhere on Monday morning. I hate that kind of place, crawling with species of the population I'd rather not mix with and most are so pretentious and look down their noses at the hoi polloi. I suspect most of them don't earn their worth and NATO is part of their everyday drama - No Action, Talk Only!

Anyway, what a bliss the day has been so far, I've been pretty much Left To My Own Devices. It's been raining on and off so it's deliciously cold and cosy at the moment. Alas for me, It's NOT Raining Men!