Monday, April 10, 2006

Treatment Treat

On Friday, The Three Musketeers made up of yours truly and two self-professed Desperate Housewives [their words, not mine] -cum-career ladies went to Hartamas for some long overdue, well-deserved luxury pampering at a beauty spa. The two girlfriends went for the reduction programme while Adek opted for facial. Don't know why I never considered it before, maybe because life's little luxuries cost quite a bit, even if it involves paying someone to spread gooey stuff all over my face.

We were made to change into some uniform and led to different rooms. Some spa music played at the background and while I had someone kneading and massaging my face and shoulders, my two comrades had gel pads stuck to various parts of their bodies which were then hooked up to various wires. Then, from what I understand [and what I saw on a TV show once], their bits of bodies started vibrating, first softly, then [ahem] intensely. Then they had cling films wrapped all over their bodies and when they told me about it after the session, I don't know why but all I could think of were Egyptian mummies. As for pain, I can't imagine how it could compare to having my face being massaged this way and that and slowly dying and silently sreaming as my pimple and blackheads were being probed. Ouch ow ow, the latter part hurt! And yes, do go ahead and cry on my behalf.


When the girl applied mask on my face, it was pleasantly cold and cooling that made me just want to go Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm like the Crash Test Dummies. I started to Relax, what with the soothing background music, I even almost dozed off. It wasn't long though before I started panicking as I was getting worried about the time. And I couldn't peek at my watch either because you can't do that when you're in a mask of course! It didn't help when I heard loud voices outside my room that almost drowned the music - I even wanted to jump out of bed and Rush Rush out, gooey mask on face and all, thinking my comrades were already done and waiting impatiently for me. When the girl came back, she assured me that my friends were not done yet so I tried to Relax again. But I couldn't even Relax when she took off the mask and started massaging my shoulders, yes, I was tense. Plus, the massaging almost made me laugh because it was kind of ticklish and I'm a ticklish person.

Our torture, sweet or otherwise, ended at 2.30 pm and oh, that was when we had to be back in the office! We navigated the traffic like Wild Women Do and reached the office, still very late, so late that someone commented about it. But I mean, if you're late, you're late. Even 10 minutes late is late, right? And more importantly, we had fun and enjoyed our pampering. Maybe next time, I'll go for both manicure and pedicure, then after that I'll get a tiny kitten to stuff in my GUCCI tote and if some lowlife try to snatch my handbag again, I'll throw the kitten at him, bar the tote of course, and he will get clawed, bitten and scratched instead. What an excellent idea! [Now why didn't I think of that before?] Oh, and by the way, we received good news upon reaching the office that we'll be getting a new boss very soon. Yeah! The countdown begins...

Ahhh, It's A Beautiful Day and week ahead - if only stupid Gunners didn't lose to ManU(re) and I didn't waste the whole of this morning listening to crashing bores.