Friday, April 14, 2006

Good Friday

It's Friday again [all together now, hurrah!]. And it's Good Friday and Vasakhi too.

Went out for my usual Friday retail therapy, this time it's to Mad Valley Mega Mall [spelling error intentional. If you're not a KLite, finding parking especially during weekends here is sheer madness and close to impossible and you'll only get a remote spot after endlessly circling the basement parking]. There's a Body Shop booth set up at the Lower Ground Floor where prices of skincare set are slashed, freebies thrown in and you can get experts to analyse your skin type and the products it needs. I was there on Tuesday and had had my skin analysed so today I basically knew what I wanted already. It being Friday lunchtime, the credit card machine was jammed and it took ages for transactions to clear, especially the lady before me. That's Murphy's Law for you: when you're in a hurry, there's always sth in the way. Anyway, there was a complimentary facial thrown in for any set of skincare set and that translates into very good, irresistible bargain. So that's my second facial this month.

Rushed over to Lewre with eyes that somehow refused to focus after all that pampering session and got myself a new pair of sandals. Yes, it's amazing that I managed to do all that - imagine what damage I could do with fully focussed Eyes Wide Open!

Took the wrong turn trying to get to Metrojaya - although vision was completely restored by then - and wasted precious few minutes getting my bearings right again. I don't shop at Mad Valley often enough to get myself acquainted and familiar with the place, unlike KLCC and previously Starhill [now This Used To Be My Playground]. Anyway, desired duffle bag with wheels which I sighted at Metrojaya just three days back is no longer on display nor is it in stock. Boo hoo! Another opportunity cost for me. I initially wanted to buy this Samsonite duffle bag with trolley and during those trips to Isetan KLCC & Lot 10 in those months when I couldn't stretch my budget, it was there Tempting me to grab it and when I decided to finally buy it, it was gone. Zilch. Nada. And I've been all over the city ever since, trying to find desired Samsonite duffle bag with wheels but luck has not been on my side. And now I've set my eyes on another bag of another make. And the same thing is repeating. I'm beginning to think that there's another person out there who's just one step ahead of me, beating me to the things I want to purchase [I always feel like somebody's watching me, Who's playing tricks on me]. Anyway, I know of another place that does stock it but knowing my luck, it's probably sold by the time I get there.

The same member of the public who called previously called again, my colleague's line this time, and me being the good angel I can be at times picked the phone up. No Lost In Translation moment this time around since he spoke English but he was getting more and more annoying by the minute. Seriously, did he expect Royal Treatment every time he calls?

So has it been a Good Friday? So far, a mixture of both. It's good but I'm not lucky in my luggage shopping. Yet. Maybe I'll run over to the other outlet after work and check whether it still stocks the bag I've been eyeing.

GMT + 7 hours: i.e. 5 pm local time... It's pouring!!! That just about dashed my hopes of bagging the bag today!