Monday, April 24, 2006

Failure To Launch


Woke up early on Saturday for house (spring) cleaning. Then it was off for 1 Utama for my date with the celluloid world after months since the last movie outing. Decided to watch two movies - Failure To Launch and Ice Age: The Meltdown. A feel-good time was had after the first movie, which is a kind of a romantic comedy, However, as entertaining as it was, it no way reflects the actual reality of someone single like me. No luck in finding a date with Mr Right Now, let alone Mr Right, Right Now!

Went to Lot 10 yesterday for another pampering. Bumped into Lin at a nearby mall after that. I've bumped into her before on weekends at other shopping malls so it must be that we have similar taste in fashion and malls and not because KL does not have enough stores [although sometimes I simply don't know where else to go for retail therapy!]. Met up another mate after that and had a meal together. As much as I love having my own quality time, oh, it's so good to meet up with girlfriends and have a good chat! We talked about trips - hers and mine, relationships - hers and mine, again - that somehow have more of their shares of Failure To Launch and the possibility of companionship [rather than a relationship]. Someone to accompany us to events and functions - where we need a company of the opposite sex, like weddings and parties - and places like shopping malls, movies, a weekend break... with no strings attached. No commitment. No ties. Just pure innocence. Someone who is, as another blogger terms it, a Convertible Friend. I told her that guys may not feel the same way, they may not be able to view it as that because their ego may not be able to take being just a companion rather than a potential candidate. So maybe we have to look for gays now to accompany us but what if they start oogling at our male friends?! We'll be banned from functions...wait, on second thoughts maybe that isn't necessarily a bad idea.

We went our separate ways after that as I was starting to feel sleepy and wanted to nap. Missed my bus and waited for 30 blinking minutes before another came along. My good friend's sister called me while I was napping, so sweetie if I sounded a little Lost, it was because I was really knackered. She wanted to invite me to her wedding - now that's really sweet and thoughtful of her but man, you know you're so far behind on the relationship front when you start getting invitations to attend a friend's younger sister's wedding! And no date too! Anyone wants to be my companion in June?

My friend said she envies me because I seem to be travelling a lot [not really]. Please, don't envy me. Like I told a colleague before, 'What you have, I don't have. What I have, you don't'. Usually, we can't win it both ways... No, don't envy me because I'm probably a living example of a Failure To Launch.

Was late this morning, waited 45 minutes for the bloody bus and none came. I think they must have all burnt down to metals and rubber or all the drivers have gone on strike or something. Finally cabbed it to work. Arghhhh!

~~~~~~~~

Hey, man I'm alive
I'm taking each day and night at a time
Yeah I'm down, but I know I'll get by
Hey, hey, hey, hey, man I gotta live my life
I'm gonna pick up all the pieces and what's left of my pride
I'm feeling like a Monday but someday I'll be Saturday night