Thursday, March 23, 2006

Save the Last Dance for Me

I'm in crappy mood at the moment, for reasons unknown to myself. Reading Chicken Soup doesn't help any.

I'm currently following the Korean drama Save the Last Dance for Me, which I've only started watching from Monday evening as Astro was only fixed on Sunday. But it doesn't matter really 'cause with a little bit of googling, I could catch up on the story line and anyway, as most Korean dramas, the plot is more or less the same. They are a couple from very different backgrounds, the guy is always a rich heir to some conglomerate while the girl is from a poor, hardworking family; their paths cross somehow; they then fell for each other; there's a third [even a fourth at times!] party trying to break them off, usually some other girl as rich as the guy but still eyeing his fortune nevertheless and harbouring plans of being Mrs Rich; in addition to EvilGirl aka Mrs Rich hopeful, the guy's family will try to break the couple off and try to pay or blackmail the girl to leave the guy; they got separated...


But somehow like fairy tales, things still work out in the end and although I know it, I still watch it. Yes, I'm such a sucker for Korean dramas [and most romantic movies]! I've been in situations where I find it tough to decide whether to go for a meal with friends or staying in and watch the drama! Mummy used to be worried whenever I watch Chinese or Korean dramas. Well, I do have a thing for certain-looking Oriental guys. [Actually I used to fall for dark guys too... hmmm...]. But I draw the line there: I don't watch Hindi or Bollywood movies/dramas.

I think the heroine in Save Your Last Dance is so pretty and sweet, The Sweetest Thing that I've come across in the few Korean dramas I've watched thus far. The hero is handsome but I've seen more handsome heroes [I'm referring to Korean and Chinese actors as it goes without saying that most Caucasian heroes are handsome] but as a couple, they suit each other to a tee, well at least to me. And they are so romantic... *sigh* Watching them gives me such a wonderful, feel-good feeling that should help dampen my crappy mood but somehow it doesn't really 'cause I also feel envious and wish I'm in a similar relationship with someone at the moment too.

And I hope that Someday, someone will sing to me:

Cause don't forget who's takin' you home
And in whose arms you're gonna be
So darlin', save the last dance for me