Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Yet another year soon to pass us by...

It's that time of the year, yet again. Time for festivities. Time to finish annual leave for those who have somehow managed not utilising their leave. Time to finish unfinished project. Has a whole year gone by again? Yes, time really flies, even when you're not having fun.

Last weekend started with brief text messages all bearing the dreaded news - someone I once knew had passed away late Friday night. She was battling some disease called the Mixed Connective Tissue Disease for quite some time. Apparently she had to be heavily sedated resulting in her being in and out of consciousness. Patient had requested specifically for NO visitors and the doctor had repeatedly requested that all respect her decision. I first found out about her condition a couple of weeks ago and was stunned. She was such a happy, vibrant girl and so full of life back then that it was hard to imagine that she had somehow succumbed to this disease. And arwah just turned 30 too. I can only blame myself for not knowing any sooner, for not having kept in contact, but now it's too late. I guess that's normally the way it is, you only realise or appreciate someone or something after it's gone. I really hope I haven't been so selfish to ignore those around me. I hope I'm not one of those who takes their loved ones for granted and only realise that I should've told them more often how much I love them after much later, when it's too late. But yes, sometimes, somehow, it's strangely hard to tell someone you love him/her. Well, at least for me.

I hope that I'll be a better daughter from now on. No, I shouldn't wait til the new year to start being one. I'm a moody person at times and my parents, bless them, seem to know this. I know I should try not to be moody in front of them or with them. But well, parents can be annoying at times too. And I won't say I'm totally blameless. I'm sure I'm an annoying brat at times too.

I hope I'll be a better friend too. A better person. A better citizen of the world. Someone who can, in my own little way, try to make a little difference in this world. And more importantly of course, that I'll be a better Muslim.

Happy New Year 2006 everyone. May the year ahead be filled with much joy, love, good health, iman & peace. I wish everyone enough.