Friday, May 31, 2019

My Ramadan 1440 Hijrah Trip: Part II


Sunday, 19 May 2019

Today, I planned to do some culture things i.e., visit the Art Gallery of South Australia and some museums. I left quite late as I wanted to check in for my flight back home (it sucked that you had to check in for the flight back when you’d only arrived barely 24 hours before). I took the tram to Rundle Mall tram stop and walked along Rundle Mall before crossing over to the Art Gallery. I spent about an hour there. I don’t usually visit art galleries, preferring museums over them. An hour was just nice enough to spend there.

After the Art Gallery, I went to visit the University of Adelaide very briefly before heading across to the South Australian Museum. It was interesting to note that the locals loved spending weekends with their families and significant others at galleries and museums. I spent another hour in the museum. The weather was dismal anyway and was drizzling on and off.

I went to check out the National War Memorial but didn’t linger long as it was starting to drizzle again. I walked back to the State Library and on to the Migration Museum behind. It started pouring very heavily then and I was glad I was walking beneath some shelter then. I waited out the rain and when it petered out, I hurried over to the Migration Museum. A man at the front desk greeted me cheerfully.

The Migration Museum was a compact museum on the settlement of the city and the story of the aboriginal people. It took me less than an hour to finish the museum.

The weather had not improved but at least it had stopped raining then. I crossed over to David Jones and walked through the Food Court. There was one stall selling halal food; unfortunately, the Food Court and the departmental store closed at 17:00 on Sundays and Maghrib was at 17:20 then.

I rested for a bit before venturing around Rumble Mall. I decided to buy some confectionery and even a bottle of fish oil (it was so dang cheap over there!). As it was getting late (the overcast dreary weather didn’t help), I rode the tram and walked back to the Airbnb. It was about half an hour to Maghrib when I arrived at the Airbnb.

I spent the rest of the evening resting.

Monday, 20 May 2019

I left after 09:30 and took the tram to Rundle Mall. I walked over to Art Gallery tram stop and rode the tram to Botanic Gardens. Today is nature appreciation day, heh. I spent a while here, admiring the landscape and enjoying the autumn weather.

I then took the tram to Exhibition Centre before returning to Rumble Mall and changing trams for Victoria Square. I returned to Adelaide Central Market and Chinatown. The market was supposed to close today but some stalls were opened. Nothing much caught my fancy so I took the tram back to South Terrace and walked back.

I didn’t have that much to pack so after that was done, I made further progress on my novel.

Tuesday, 21 May 2019

Well, it was time to head home already. I got up for pre-dawn meal and after my meal, I had a quick shower before performing prayers. I left at 06:40 and as I missed the earlier tram by a few seconds, I had to wait about ten minutes for the next one. This also meant I also missed the 07:16 bus to the Airport. I took the 07:32 bus and had to ask fellow passengers for small change for my note.

We reached the airport at 07:58 and I joined to bag drop queue. Just like at KLIA, it was a long slow process. I then went through security check and then browsed the duty-free shops. I had to go through another security check and clear passport control before getting to my gate (of course the officer had to remark on my LV bag, what a jerk). We boarded and took off on time.

I spent the time up in the air alternately dozing off and reading. I also performed prayers on board as I didn’t want to rush when I landed.

We landed at 16:10 and my left half of FitFlops decided to tear off so I had to shuffle along awkwardly all the way to the aerotrain, passport control, bag carousel and the KLIA Transit platform. I rode the KLIA Transit to Bandar Tasik Selatan and changed for the LRT.

I arrived in Ampang about 18:30 and it was drizzling. Dad was waiting for me and drove me back home.

So that was my short trip to Adelaide. It’s a small city and my duration was just perfect. Anything longer and I’d be yawning for the rest of my stay.

Oh, and guess what? I didn’t see a single cat during my trip. Not even a whisker.