Wednesday, March 16, 2016

A Day In The Life: Weekdays

When I’m working and not on holidays:

I get up in the morning. Sometimes it’s laundry morning (ughhh!) and this means I have to unlock the kitchen door, go out and pop the clothes into the machine. Then at the end of the cycle, I ran to get them off after a hurried early breakfast and carry them to the porch for dad to hang later


Then I get dressed for work


I take the bus to work every morning


Sometimes I arrive late at work, no thanks to the discriminatory traffic cops at Jelatek and Renaissance lights


I slog through the day and week at work


Working hard for the money *sings ‘She Works Hard For The Money’*


Waiting for Friday evening


 ... and Caturday to arrive


Don’t get me wrong, I do love my job


And I work hard to stay on top of my work


.. and on top of paperwork


When I get home, the first thing I do is dump my bags on the sofa in the hall and head for the dining area and kitchen to clean the dining table and other mess in the kitchen. A laundry morning is followed by pumping iron evening so I pump the iron about two-three evenings a week. 


To be continued