Monday, October 08, 2012

Virgin No More

It was another London derby, this time with Big Sam aka Walrus’ side, with a later kick-off, which I dislike. I much prefer a lunchtime or 1500 GMT kick-off. West Ham had only conceded one goal in three home matches so far this season – Big Sam had successfully steered them back to Premier League and they aren’t doing too badly at all – so it was a bit daunting, at least for me. It didn’t help that despite us hitting the ground running, we conceded first (oh clean sheet, when will we see you again?). Credit to the lads, we showed our character and battled on and were awarded four minutes before half-time with Giroud’s first goal in the league. He popped his Premier League cherry and is a virgin no more.

Gibbs went off early in the second half and he was replaced by Santos who I thought looked a bit overweight. I was happy when Wenger didn’t dither and replaced the unimpressive Gervinho with Theo and later after we were assured of a win, Poldi with Koscielny. Final score: West Ham 1-3 Arsenal. Star man: my new beau, Giroud!!! Overall, it was a great lift from the disappointment the weekend and the mid-week Champions League match helped somewhat too.






~~~~~~~~~

I wanted to have some rooms at home base painted – was prepared to pay for the cost – and was surprised at the speed Abah handled things. I wasn’t pleased however to return home to find my ironed clothes dumped unceremoniously onto the unused bed. Why are men so thoughtless and inconsiderate? I had to spend time on Saturday morning to re-iron the clothes – a needless job. That’s an hour of my life I’d never get back and I HATE ironing to begin with.