Thursday, August 16, 2012

Frankly, My Dear, I Don’t Give A Damn

*This post contains strong language. Some people may find it offensive

Unlike other people I know, I don’t care much for Eid. I don’t really care one way or another. If I can have my own way, I’d sooner jet off somewhere than to celebrate Eid here. I’m not against celebrating it, I just don’t like the way we celebrate it. I don’t look forward to fasting but I look even less forward to Eid. And while I don’t look forward to fasting, I get sad when Ramadan vanishes slowly. Oh, I won’t miss having to get up for pre-dawn meals but there’s just something about Ramadan. I don’t look forward to it but I miss it and I feel sad as it comes to a close.

I don’t think Eid is about new clothes, shoes or bag or even new furniture. Eid is to celebrate the end of a month of fasting but it does not mean it is supposed to be celebrated for a month. And what’s with the idea of having firecrackers to celebrate Eid? It’s not Islamic and it’s just a way of burning money. Literally.

Eid is not about having lots of cookies. Oh sure, it’s nice to stock on some to serve to your guests. But most of the time, you will just end up eating most of them. Our Eid cookies are never finished. I always have to throw them a month before the following Ramadan. What a waste. And yet, if you don’t have any, your guests will look at you funny.

And I don’t much care about cooking, much less about slaving myself in the kitchen. It’s so old-fashioned having to entertain people. Only old people do that. After slaving in the office and then rushing home to clear up the mess made during my absence, I just want to rest and relax. Believe me, going to visit relatives and entertaining are the last thing I want to do.

Unfortunately, you can’t quite do that during Eid. No, I’m more likely to end up in the kitchen making drinks or preparing food or doing washing up. No such thing as resting or relaxing whatsoever. And oh, because I’m a cleaning freak, I’ll spend back-breaking hours trying to clean and put some order to the house only to have it messed up by either Abah or my numerous siblings/nephews/nieces.

So, frankly, no, I don’t feel anything for Eid. I just feel sad at the departing Ramadan. Anyway, Eid Mubarak, everyone.

~~~~~~~~

He thought he held all the cards. He thought there would be a lot of suitors panting and drooling to lure him away. He thought it’d be done quickly but he and agent didn’t anticipate the backlash received and the lack of interest. He didn’t want to go be a Sh*tty (although his behaviour is exactly that) because well, there are enough strikers there. He considered the Old Lady but suddenly the boss there got suspended. He didn’t want to go to PSG although the club can afford to pay mega bucks. Strange, I thought beggars can’t be choosers.

And finally, there were only two clubs interested in him: Arsenal and ManUre. But no, it would be too humiliating to backtrack on his disrespectful and damning statement. No, he’d rather sold his very soul to the devil and burnt the bridges than admit he’d been wrong or withdraw the statement.

Well, he-who-would-not-be-named-in-this-post: Vamoose already. Just go. I hope you will have a Torres rest-of-career warming the bench. You will not have our best wishes. Why should we care for you when you care naught for us? Why should we respect you when you have been disrespectful to us?

You could have been a legend. Our legend. Instead, you chose to sully your own reputation. You are the architect of your own downfall. You will NOT be missed. You WILL be forgotten. You will NEVER be our legend. And you will live to regret this until the end of your days. Mark my word. Just you wait and see.

Do you think you are bigger than the club? Trust me, you are not indispensible. No one is, and especially not you. Can’t believe we spent all that time praying for your good health, for your speedy return and your good spell on the pitch. In the end, you turned out to be just a bastard. Juda$.

I just wonder if you have the class to thank Wenger for taking a gamble on you back in 2004, for taking a risk when others wouldn’t even want to touch youwith a ten-foot pole and backing you during your long injury spells.

Poor Wenger. What an ungrateful, disrespectful bastard you turn out to be.

But you know what? I am relieved. Finally, at last, he’s gone. And we can move on. And we will move on. Because believe me, he’s just a nobody after this. He’s the least of my worry now. I won’t spare a thought for him. Why should I? I’m better off concentrating on the new season and current team.





You can eff off already. I hope the door will hit you hard on your way out and oh, do have fun with those benches. You don’t matter anymore. Two ManUre fans were gloating at me, ‘We’ve got RvP!’ and my curt reply was, ‘You’re welcome to him. Good riddance!’

It is good business for Arsenal. Though I’d much prefer receiving £50 million for you.