Wednesday, June 29, 2011

My Midsummer Night’s Dream

I dreamt of my querido Cesc last night. He was joined by Arsène and Theo. No people, I’m not kidding, I did dream of the three of them. And no, it wasn’t a dirty dream! (Just because I dreamt of a trio, it wasn’t a threesome or even a foursome with me!! In fact, I think I was either talking to him or taking his picture because his face kept being zoomed in and out).


I dreamt of these two hotties ;)

~~~~~~~~

I was disturbed by the news that apparently Arsenal are willing to sell Cesc. He’s our Captain, one of the best midfielders in the world, and despite last season being one of his ‘worst’ at Arsenal, @Orbinho has posted some incredible statistics about him this summer. Fabregas completed 38 through balls in the league last season – 15 more than the player in second place on that particular chart. This in just 22 starts. An assist every 171.6 minutes made him the league’s most creative player by a street. And don’t forget he provided the winning goal at the World Cup to enable Spain to win it. So selling him at this point in time is ridiculous and possibly suicidal. For one, we don’t have a ready replacement for him. And even if we plan to buy someone with the idea of understudying Cesc, that person will be a work-in-progress for some time. So yes, it wasn’t just for personal reasons that I was disturbed and down at this news. That was until I read Arseblog, who thinks it’s a strategy by Arsenal to put the matter to rest now rather than let it drag through the remainder of summer.

Yes, we all know he wants to go back to Barcelona one fine day. But that day is not here yet, not for a few more years hopefully. He himself says he’s very happy at Arsenal. He loves the club, he loves London, he likes his team-mates and he has a lot of respect for Arsenal. He is authentic, he has values, has always behaved with discretion and is not about to do something that will sour his relationship with Arsène or Arsenal. @LadyArse aptly describes his situation like a child who would like to go to live with his mother - but that doesn’t make him love his father any less.

Stay, querido. Please stay. Because my dreams of you are few and far between and I don’t want to resort to having to watch La Liga to keep up with you. Because we need you, Captain, more so than Barcelona need you.


With Gio van Bronckhorst, who he bumped into while in Jakarta last week

I am trying my best to keep calm about all this