Friday, June 25, 2010

SIGN No More

What can you do in 11 hours and 5 minutes? Pretty much a lot, I’m sure you agree. In that amount of time, I can fly from Asia to Europe, another person can do his 9-5 job plus some overtime, and yet another someone out there could be in labour and perhaps even deliver her first child into the world. Well, you get my drift. But did you expect a tennis match to last that long? Well, one such epic match took exactly that to conclude before Isner finally emerged triumphant after the match was resumed after being tied at 59-59.

In that same amount of time too, Les Blues went back to France and Thierry Henry paid President Sarkozy a visit.

Eleven hours ago, Azzurri was still in contention but now, Ciao Azzurri, Cannavaro and team. And ciao Bendtner too. The good thing is Robin van Persie finally found the net for Oranje’s first goal. The All Whites drew a goalless match against Paraguay and were out too. So no more SIGN for me at this World Cup as the I in the SIGN had left. So I mourn along with Italy at their short-lived World Cup campaign, at the exit of the defending champion and the end of the hawt Italians. It’s something I’ll have to get used, just like I have to get used to an Azzurri team bereft of Alessandro Nesta, Pippo Inzaghi, Alessandro del Pierro and Totti.


RvP scores for Oranje
Ciao, hawt stuff *sniff*