Thursday, November 12, 2009

November Pain

International weeks are such a pain

Met my new neighbour who just moved in last Saturday and he didn’t seem particularly friendly. Oh well, I guess some people would say the same of me. It’s a family of I-don’t-know-how-many-children. I have heard their voices but they are always back from their daily ferrying of items from wherever they were staying before late at night and once they were even moving things after 10 pm and in the rain too. I don’t care for their eccentricities (which include opening and closing and locking and relocking of doors at 1.50 am) but I do care a great deal when I’m denied my beauty sleep. They were hammering away at close to 11 pm, 11.30 pm and 11.40 pm on Tuesday evening. What’s The Frequency, Kenneth? My response was to knock back the wall with a cane, a faint response if any I’m sure.

How to deal with such neighbours?

~~~~~~~~

Met up an old buddy on Tuesday together with Lin. Too short a time to catch up on too much. A good time was had nevertheless.

~~~~~~~~

This is my horoscope for today: ‘It’s natural to compare yourself to other people, but there really is no comparison. You have your own, unique personality. So what if you’re not every person’s cup of tea? All that matters is that the people who get you are the people you want to be around. So please, stop wasting your energy trying to impress someone who just isn’t worth it. Watch out for others who want to change you!’ I don’t believe in horoscope readings but I agree with the statement. Why compromise your personality to suit someone else’s idea of how you should be? Change if you want to but not because someone else wants you to.

~~~~~~~~

I’m spending longer and longer hours at work. A 12-hour workday is sadly becoming the norm. Normal life should resume in less than a fortnight, can’t wait!

Oh to be able to live a celebrity life and wear costumes for fun. For your info, these Gunners dressed up to make a fundraising film for the
Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH), Arsenal’s charity for this season. According to my source, the fundraising film will be shown at half-time during the match against Chelsea, on 29 November 2009.







Someone’s not a happy bunny here
If Shava thought England was strange before... heh




Update: apparently, Shava chose the shark suit. The other lads had to make good with what they were given.

There’s also an
online auction for captain armbands (Cesc, Gerrard, Terryble) starting today to raise money for the Willow Foundation and the Steve Bernard Foundation.