Monday, July 20, 2009

If I Were A Boy

If I were a boy even just for a day
I’d roll out of bed in the morning
And throw on what I wanted
Then go drink beer with the guys

And chase after girls
I’d kick it with who I wanted
And I’d never get confronted for it
‘Cause they’d stick up for me

(Chorus)
If I were a boy
I think I could understand
How it feels to love a girl
I swear I’d be a better man

I’d listen to her
‘Cause I know how it hurts
When you lose the one you wanted
Cause he’s taken you for granted
And everything you had got destroyed

If I were a boy
I would turn off my phone
Tell everyone it’s broken
So they’d think that I was sleeping alone

I’d put myself first
And make the rules as I go
‘Cause I know that she’d be faithful
Waiting for me to come home (to come home)

(Chorus)

It’s a little too late for you to come back
Say it’s just a mistake
Think I’d forgiven you like that
If you thought I would wait for you
You thought wrong

But you’re just a boy
You don’t understand
And you don’t understand, oh
How it feels to love a girl
Someday you wish you were a better man

You don’t listen to her
You don’t care how it hurts
Until you lose the one you wanted
‘Cause you’re taking her for granted
And everything you got destroyed
But you’re just a boy


Am really liking this song. A couple of other girlfriends and I met up with a single-again friend (the jerk of the ex-husband remarried without her knowledge last July, left the house in August and divorced her in October. She only found out about the second wife through other sources – although she already had suspected something was amiss) and can’t help thinking how appropriate this song is.

Now, If I Were A Boy, would I be considerate to my girl? And another thought, would I fall for someone like me? Even more disturbingly, would I think that vastly differently (sure I will because Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus) and would my values and principles change?

~~~~~~~~

I was walking in BB all the way to KLCC on Saturday and goodness me, there were soooo mannnnyyyy ManUre fanatics around. A terrorist would have a field day shooting them (my colleague remarked the bombers blasted the Jakarta hotels on the wrong day/date! I couldn’t help but laugh and agree with her on this). Blergh. And yet another thing I don't understand about Malaysians: they’d rather support and cheer on the visiting ManUre than for the local lads. Fie on them, I say, fie on them. If Arsenal ever came here, I’d wear neutral colours and go. Yes, I’m an Arsenal supporter but I’m a Malaysian too. I think the poor local lads must be feeling as if they were playing abroad instead of in their own country, the way the crowd was cheering. Not only do they know they are underdogs, but they also didn’t have the benefit of home support - how sad is that?! In fact, the stadium was silenced when the local lads equalised (we all know how sad the country ranks at football so surely to score against the EPL champions is a biggie?)... how disturbingly sad is that?


Well done lads
Local hero


Ade is officially now a Sh*tty player (pun very much intended). And Hleb looks to be moving from one city/club/manager to another. Next destination: Milan. Next club: Inter. Next manager: Moan-rinho. Why ever did you really move in the first place, Hleb, apart from supposedly not being able to stand London?

Tomáš Rosický is back again! My querido is equally eager for Rosický’s return. Rosický, we don’t want you to be sick again!