Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Weekend

Traffic was extraordinarily heavy Friday lunchtime. Oh Friday jams are always bad but it seemed even worse that day. Not surprisingly we also had problems finding a parking spot. Joined Delia and Sal for lunch at Al Marjan, the Lebanese and Persian resto at KLCC, where I sighted an eye candy. He was tall, fair and dishy and he smiled at me as he walked past our table to the buffet area. When we passed him on our way out, he tilted his head and smiled at me again. Even Sal remarked on it.

There’s no sale in April and yet I managed to spend on Saturday on my return trip to KLCC. Oh dear. I also watched Knowing in between my shopping spree. The movie build-up was good and had me at the edge of my seat at times but I found the ending massively disappointing. What a let-down really. When we emerged from the theatre, it seemed the whole of Klang Valley had descended upon KLCC and you’d be forgiven for thinking that the financial crisis had somehow spared the country.

I was all geared to watch footie that evening only to find only the two matches shown live were the Chelshit-Bolton and Sunderland-ManUre. Outrageous! I sat through the former anyway (Bolton made an amazing comeback and I was actually cheering for them to draw) and wasn’t at all happy when I found (at the bottom left of the TV screen) that Arsenal were trailing by one goal as early as at the 19th minute. I had to wait until much later to see Walcott equalise after being fed by Shava who took a tumble in the penalty area. Minutes later, Silvestre gave a simple tap-in to give the visitors the lead after Shava and Cesc worked an opening from a throw-in.

Shava was instrumental/involved in the first two goals and scored the third one home after receiving the ball intercepted by Koumas and intended for Cesc. And in injury time, Song skipped through the Wigan defence after receiving a pass from Cesc and slotted home Arsenal’s fourth goal. Another Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde performance by Arsenal but at least they have the maturity and mental strength to not only come back from behind but also finish the game beyond doubt. As Cesc said it, my Gunners are just Fab!

BBC Sport Player Rater man of the match: Arsenal's Andrey Arshavin on 8.13 (on 90 minutes).










I slept poorly that night and yet woke up early on Sunday. No rest for the weary – cleaned up the main filter outside and washed the porch before tackling the dreaded ironing chore. I’m pretty sure I burnt thousands of calories in the process so that should make up for not going for my morning walk.