Friday, February 20, 2009

The Curious Case Of My Bright-Orange Bag

I sent my pouch/bag to repair its lining, hmm, let’s see, on 17 January 2009 at the KLCC outlet. The chap (hereafter referred to as K) who served me said he would check whether it would be possible to replace the pouch lining and that he would call me the following Monday. If the lining could be replaced, it would take about 2-3 weeks. That’s OK with me as I was in no hurry to use the bag anyway. I waited and waited but didn’t receive any call.

Finally I called up the store on 7 February, yes, three weeks since I dropped off the bag. The bloke who answered said he would check the status and call me back. I must have misunderstood him, I don’t know why, but when he said he would call me back, I thought he would call me back within 15 minutes.

Finally I marched over to the store (it so happened I was in the neighbourhood) and what do you know, K (whom I was supposed to liaise with) had been transferred to the Starhill branch. How convenient, I thought. I was attended to instead by N who promised to call me the very next day as soon as she found out the status of my bag.

She didn’t call me the next day but she did call me on Monday, 9 February, and told me the repair cost would be RMxxx. She also said that K told her that he had called me earlier and that I didn’t want the bag to be repaired. By then, I was this close to snapping already. I told her I had received no such call from K so how could he be saying that I didn’t want the bag to be repaired. I didn’t hide my anger and impatience but assured N that I didn’t blame her as it wasn’t her fault. The poor girl must be wishing she was not picking on someone else’s job anyway.

Lo and behold, less than ten minutes later, my mobile phone rang again and it was K. He said that N had misquoted me the repair cost and that it would cost RMxxx instead (half of what N told me). By then I was getting royally confused already (and I was nursing a cold and a headache too). He also told me the bag would be ready for collection on Wednesday but as I wanted to collect it from the KLCC outlet instead of the Starhill outlet, I could collect it anytime from last Thursday (12 February).

And guess what, when I went to the KLCC store last Saturday (I thought I’d give them two extra days), I was informed that my bag hadn’t yet arrived. N then called up K at Starhill and he apologised saying he would check immediately with the repairer where my bag was. That was it, I blew my top. I told him I didn’t appreciate being given the run-around and being given conflicting messages about the repair status and progress, and not being informed at all. It was me who had to call up the store and it was me who had to visit the store. Leave it to K and my bag would probably never repaired or worse, be lost somewhere and no one could trace its whereabouts. After I hung up, N told me she would handle my transaction (no longer K, phew) and that she would call me on Monday to update me on the repair status.

She didn’t call me on Monday.

This morning, I called up the store and was informed by the store manager that my bag was not among their stock of already-repaired bags. Half an hour later she rang me to inform that my bag would now be ready on 26 February.

*Sigh* We shall see whether it would actually be ready or not. That, my dear readers, is the curious case of my bright-orange bag. I’m now just about ready to believe that I will never see my bag ever again. And I’m beginning not to like the brand anymore and all because of some shop assistant’s incompetence. Good thing I only have one such bag of that brand.

~~~~~~~~

Dudú picked up a hamstring injury shortly before being substituted on his fairytale return on Monday and will not be able to play for the next two weeks. Anyway, it seems Shava will be making his debut tomorrow (against Sunderland, another bogey team).

Good luck to the Gunners and have a good weekend peeps!