Thursday, January 29, 2009

Lunch Hour

I woke up this morning before 3 am with my heart pounding. Took a few minutes to calm it down. Managed to sleep again before waking up at 5 to watch footie.

Only to find that the Everton-Arsenal match was not shown live. For some strange reason, the Man Shitty-Newcastle match was shown instead.

But I suppose it was a good thing too as I read that Arsenal played badly. We were perhaps 30 seconds from defeat before Robin saved Arsenal’s bacon again. We sure couldn’t afford a draw but I’ll take that any day to a defeat.




And the development on Shava’s transfer saga is anyone’s guess now. I’m beginning to wonder if it will ever materialise or if it’s just a smokescreen employed by Wenger, supposedly pursuing one player only to be signing someone else like he did with Silvestre earlier. Shava wants to leave Zenit but Zenit is not making things easy for the young Russian.


Whatever it is, it’s only three days left to February. I can understand that deals can take time to fall through but something had better happen pronto.

~~~~~~~~

This year’s Petronas CNY ad is another tear-jerker. Consider the ad monologue: ‘If I had one more day with my father, I’d pay more attention to the little things. The way his glasses would steam up from the rice. The way he would squint his eyes in the sun. I would stop when he stops. I would sing when he sings. Answer everytime he calls. I would be more patient with him. I would remind myself, everyday, that soon there would be no more days with him. But I still have you Mah. Would you consider moving in with us?’

Thank you reminding me that I should not take my parents for granted.

~~~~~~~~

Ever since ‘Gossip Girl’ joined blogistan, a few bloggers whose blog I read occasionally have privatised their blogs. Which is a shame really because add those now-privatised blogs to some blogs which I have stopped reading altogether and some blogs which have stopped being updated altogether and I now have very few blogs left for my reading pleasure (if those blogs are updated at all).

~~~~~~~~

More economic doom and gloom seem to be waiting for us in 2009. Asia tourism is expected to be badly hit where it is most needed. Famous UK brand names were already put under administration in end-2008 – Whittard, MFI, Wedgwood, Woolworths (which had since closed its doors to the public), Adams – and there’s no reason not to believe that more will follow suit. It’s only a matter of time.