Monday, September 10, 2007

Should I Stay Or Should I Go

Nahhh... I doubt that Monsieur Wenger had this song in mind despite the earlier doubts regarding his future at Arsenal. And as we now know, he has renewed a three-year contract with the Gunners. He did earlier indicate that he was still motivated to stay and felt responsible for the young Guns at the club.

There was a rumour too that Señor Fábregas may move to Real Madrid. Well, he did sign a new eight-year deal with the Gunners last year. I do hope he will honour his contract and not follow the footsteps of Thierry Henry back to his native country any time soon.

But a dear old friend will be leaving TheOrganisation for good, having tendered her resignation which will come into effect in a couple of days’ time. I’ve grown pretty close to her, as close as I’ll ever let myself with office colleagues. She’s patient with me and my queries especially on religious matters. We had lunch together last Friday. I do hope I’ll get to see her occasionally after this. Will not say goodbye to her ‘cause I just hate farewells. To be honest, I am a bit envious of her for being able to take such a bold move. Because sometimes I wonder too, if I should stay or if I should just go.

~~~~~~~~

The Rugby World Cup kicked off on Saturday in France (France is the host country this time but there will be some matches in Cardiff and Edinburgh. Oh, and France lost to Argentina on Saturday!). Watched a bit of the Wales-Canada match (Wales managed to fight back and win the match after losing the lead at one time) and a bit of Springboks-Samoa match. The South African Percy Montgomery is kinda cute. Somehow I doubt the All Blacks will win this time. For some reason, they never fared well at the World Cup, well except for the inaugural tournament when they became the first ever champions. Hmm, for someone who didn’t and couldn’t play anything to save her life at school, Adek does like to watch footie, tennis (FedEx won the American Open, yeay!), rugby (learnt about how the game is played from a friend back at varsity and find I like watching it), F1 (Lewis Hamilton’s lead is reduced to three after coming in second in Italy), baseball, basketball, volleyball and badminton. I can’t play but I can understand those games to a certain extent and boy, can I cheer too. Have yet to develop a liking for and understanding of golf though. Maybe not ever.

The rugby match between England (defending champion) and Springboks (world champions in 1995) this Friday evening GMT should be a very interesting one indeed. Maybe I’ll catch some action while having my pre-dawn meal.