Friday, June 22, 2007

A Midsummer Night’s Dream

An ideal dream – well, at least to me - would be to inherit a huge, generous inheritance like Prince William who not only celebrated his 25th birthday on the day of summer solstice but also became entitled to a part of the multi-million pound inheritance left by his late mother. Unfortunately though, I’m not Princess Wilhelmina, I come from a middle-class background and do not stand to inherit anything from any rich relative. Ouch, Reality Bites. But I’d rather have my parents around than an inheritance as that’d mean they are no longer with me.

Instead I dreamt of a celluloid date last night.

My current dreams are to own a bag I sighted in Prada last Sunday - I have since asked a mate if he could scout for it in Singapore now that the republic is having its 8-week long sale – and also to have a replacement for the Gucci pendant I lost on my last day in Beijing two years ago [‘cause we are living in a material world and I’m a Material Girl]. Speaking of the Chinese capital, that reminds me: a year ago on this very day, I was in Shanghai...

OK, wake up and get back to work already!

~~~~~~~~

I have always liked this line from the Shakespeare play of this post title [don’t ask why]:

If we shadows have offended
Think but this, and all is mended
That you have but slumbered here
While these visions did appear
And this weak and idle theme
No more yielding but a dream
Gentles, do not reprehend
If you pardon, we will mend.

~~~~~~~~

Have a good midsummer weekend peeps!