Monday, July 24, 2006

Slumber Party Weekend

Had a well-deserved, relaxing weekend. Left right after office on Friday and headed for Isetan. Hadn't left that early in ages. Had a fun time browsing and window-Shopping. You'll be glad to know that I exercised restraint and didn't run amok with my credit card!

After labouring over the weekly domestic house-cleaning chore early Saturday morning, I went to the this centre in Lot 10, where again I partook in a decidedly violent scene, where despite going there to seek treatment, I was tortured instead... yup, it's my massage appointment I am talking about. Trust me, at times I felt like I was in Fight Club. This time, I had my body slathered with scrub before I was told to go in for a steam bath.

I hated it. It was like being in a sauna, I think. I was getting hot and bothered and my body felt like it was on fire. If you were there, you'd probably be singing this in your head too like I was: I want to run, I want to hide, I want to tear down the walls, That hold me inside... But I held on with all the Steam engulfing and enveloping me. Until I could stand it no longer and walked out, demanding to know how much longer I had to be in that. One of the therapists said I could leave the room if I wanted so I did exactly that. I have always preferred cold over hot. The promised full body massage followed after showering myself off the scrub. The masseuse had warmed up (pun intended) to me by now - or is it the other way around? - and we chatted a bit. She even tried to talk me into trying out other packages the centre (hereafter to be referred to as the Torture Chamber) has to offer. I just listened without committing myself.

When it was done, I left quickly for my next date, with a girlfriend and the celluloid world...yes, with Johnny himself. When I called the line to book the tickets, the recorded voice went this way, '2 tickets for the Pirates of the Carribean 2, at 2.20 pm on 22 July 2006...'. In the words of Captain Jack Sparrow, 'Savvy!'. A fun time was had by both of us.

My friend came over to spend Saturday Night, a la slumber party. We spent the night [well into 1 am!] and Sunday morning chatting, catching up, giggling. Our conversations were occasionally punctuated by the sound of illegal motorbike race and even a chopper which sounded like it was directly above our heads! It sounded like there were aliens about to land and conquer the world and the bikers speeding away to safety.

I was a good girl during the weekend, didn't spend at all apart from lunch and bottles of fruit juice on Saturday and though I was tempted to go to Lot 10 Yesterday (yes, again. Didn't quite manage to do anything there on Saturday), I decided to do my ironing and washing instead [moan moan groan groan] and finish reading my National Geographics magazine. Am I proud of myself for being able to resist the Temptation and for not spending!