Thursday, July 06, 2006

Road to Berlin - Part II

Woke up this morning to watch the France-Portugal match. As I've mentioned before, I'm not rooting for France but wanted them to beat Brazil previously and now Portugal.

The Portugal players, notorious for their diving, was disappointing with Ronaldo being booed everytime he made contact with the ball but the French were no better. They were a shadow of the team that beat Brazil. Well, perhaps reserving their energy for the Final Match. I was clapping my hands in delight when Zizou struck in the penalty and yelled at Ricardo, 'Ha! You're not that good after all, are you!', no matter that he couldn't hear me.

Anyway, Merci Beaucoup Les Blues for kicking out Portugal. And it will be a Blue affair on Sunday indeed when Les Blues play Azzurri.

And may the Germans beat Portugal on Saturday.