Monday, March 06, 2006

Manic Monday [and the days leading to it]

I wasn't feeling on top of the world towards the end of last week. For one, I was too swamped with work, running and spinning around in circles without direction at times, attending to mainly unnecessary stuff. Ugh. And for another, someone upset my apple-cart which was planned well in advance. I was feeling very displeased at this - and no explanation given too - and told the person as much. The thing is my next few weekends [and previous ones too] are already full with plans so I'm not sure when I can finally execute the thing I wanted to do last Saturday ... yes, even single girls like me are busy [what's it like to have my own family, I wonder?].

Been there, done that, and things to do over the next few weekends:
Feb 18/19: Booked ticket during the MAS travel fair; attended Health Awareness Forum [and got ill the rest of the weekend].
Feb 25/26: Moved to current residence.
Mar 4/5: [Ori plan shelved but had backup plan] housework and some gardening if you can call pulling out weeds that]. Ironing too. Bangsar Shopping Centre later on Saturday and Ikea/Tesco on Sunday for some retail therapy and practical shopping. Gosh, I'm not an agoraphobic but I would have thought with one week left to school hols, there'd be some exam coming up and you'd think the kids would be at home studying instead of running up and down Ikea! But I bet it'll be worse during school hols.
Mar 11/12: Going back to parents'. Hope to get a haircut.
Mar 18/19: MATTA fair!
Mar 25/26: Expecting delivery of my TV rack [and you wonder why I'm so broke]. May attend a friend's son's birthday party in Wangsa Maju. Must get some retail therapy after that excitement.
Apr 1/2: May go back to parent's since neighbour's son's getting married.
Apr 8/9: Cousin sister's nikah and wedding-do.
Apr 15/16: Take parents and sister's family out for lunch cos Mummy's birthday is on Apr 10. But is that the Easter weekend too? If so, must reschedule to the following weekend, Apr 22/23.
Apr 28: Flying off to ...

So now you know why I was so cheesed off when the plan for Saturday didn't materialise. I was even contemplating asking Jerk for help - someone said, why not, while another advised me against it.

Jenny's text inviting me out for lunch on Friday 'at a nice place at
The Ascott' was a welcome. Turned out the nice place is the newly opened sevenatenin9, [you think the name is strange? Wait til you see the decor!]. Opened in January 2006, I was told that it is owned and operated from the owners of Souled Out [for pictures, click here] and apparently have KL's who's who as guests. The decor is a mix of avant-garde bar stools that had me wondering if they have some ergonomic benefits and normal sofa-type chairs [but in white!], the flooring is made of some railway sleepers, the plywood columns had been scratched with nails [er to give some aesthetic effect perhaps? Although they didn't appear either aesthetic or practical to me. Maybe I just don't appreciate this stuff] and a glass roof to protect from the elements. It's supposed to be posh and happening venue for dining and entertainment but I think they may have tried too hard with the decor [then again, maybe I'm alone in this thinking and observation]. I especially dislike the sculptural elements at the stairs. Very unbecoming!

There are separate menus for 'Solids' and 'Liquids' [if my memory serves me right]. We ordered some 'nibbles' [coated olives and calamari - could be better had they not been overdrenched in oil], some mini pizza [quite good] and some juice. I had a tom yam fettucini with strict instructions that it must not be hot for I can't stand hot stuff [I even had the chef or someone fr the kitchen coming up to me and asking if I could tolerate a little spiciness for it is tom yam after all. How's that for personalised service? I felt good then]. Anyway, not to worry cause it turned out to be quite good. A good time was had by all although I was getting worried as time passed on. Finally back in office, quite late too! Oh and there was a demo protesting the oil price hike in front of KLCC so that was actually a good excuse for our late return.


Despite the lovely lunch outing, I felt strangely sad later that night and went to bed with tears on my pillow. It's times like these when I really wish I have someone to snuggle up to, to comfort me and tell me everything's gonna be alright.

Ahhh and now...

~~~~~~~~~~
It's just another Manic Monday
I wish it was Sunday
'Cause that's my funday
My I don't have to run day
It's just another manic Monday
~~~~~~~~~~