Monday, July 11, 2016

Thank You Allah

Dear Allah

Words cannot even begin to describe my gratitude to You. In fact, words are inadequate to describe my gratitude to You for everything but I shall try anyway. So, here goes. Thank You Allah –

For letting me reach another milestone and allowing me to celebrate another year on this earth alongside people I cherish and love. My birthday this year fell on the 1 Syawal too! What joyful occasion to celebrate my birthday and with so many people too. And I don’t have to apply for leave this time around, what a bonus!
For letting me pursue things that I love and doing things that I enjoy.
For the family I have, annoying and irritating and testing as some members are.
For the good health, bar the rare flu occurrences, that I enjoy.
For the wealth (rezeki) You give me. Some may say I’m not an ambitious person but I’m happy doing what I do now. I don’t care for the extra responsibilities that come with a promotion. I don’t think I’m being complacent, merely content and redha with what I have.
For the good education I had and the thirst for knowledge that You bestow.
For making me love reading.
For making me understand, value and honour time.
For the friendships fostered, some many years ago, some recently, that last to this day.
For my love for the good things in life. Yes, I have a life-long weakness for branded goods and now luxury goods and I do believe it’s allowed to live my life while I’m still alive while balancing my deeds for the afterlife.
For being perfectly normal. For not being born with any major illness. For not being born a special-needs person and being a burden to my poor hardworking parents. For my pair of legs that I really utilise (even though no amount of walking will get rid of the darn cellulite!)
For the opportunity to travel and meet people, enjoy other cultures, have a different experience.
For listening to my woes, my anguish, my sadness, my joy, my happiness and for always being there.
For everything else: the air I breathe, the full moon I always enjoy watching, the occasional rainbow that awes me every now and then, the beautiful flowers, the lovely fragrance of flowers, the simple things in life.

Thank You, Allah, for all these and more.


Please continue to bless me and my family members and friends with love, rezeki, good health and wealth. I also pray for peace for all Muslims around the world especially those in Palestine, Syria, Iraq, Myanmar. Amen.



P. S. I underwent LASIK surgery a year ago today. Alhamdulillah, it went well. I can’t recommend it enough! In fact I probably should have done it sooner but Allah had His own plans for me.