Wednesday, February 07, 2007

D for Ditsy, E for Emotional

I almost had a minor cardiac arrest this morning. I tried logging into my blogger account and kept getting error messages [I must have been logged off from my account since my last access]. Seemed I had forgotten either my username or password. I tried logging in with my usual password many times and then with all the various usernames and passwords I could think of, even restarting the computer. I sought help from Blogger Help and they informed that a link on how to connect to my account had been sent via email. I even prayed to God [I always pray/talk to God, even for what some may think the most trivial things].

I waited and waited. No emails arrived at any of my email addresses. Then I realised, duh uh, I actually changed the email address in my Blogger profile 10 months ago, giving a fictitious one because I didn’t want to be discovered. So the link was sent to that fictitious email address. I had to send another request to Blogger Help; fortunately there's a section for ‘No access to email address for recovering login information’. So maybe I’m not such a ditsy donna after all.


And syukur, I managed to login again after having nervous blood pumping into my heart for about an hour [I could have sworn I typed that very same password a few times previously]. Anyway, phew! Thank You, God.

And I have changed the fictitious email address to a valid one. Heh.

~~~~~~~~

I’m an emotional yoyo. I get easily into characters of novels and dramas I read and follow. I cry watching (some) Disney movies. I scream and cover my eyes when I watch thriller and horror movies. I get easily teary, when I watch sad programmes documenting the hardship of other people. And I have mood swings. I’m crabby and crappy whenever I have one of those.

So if I read or watch or talk or think about something that makes me sad, sometimes I’d get all emotional and teary. It’s only normal for me. It doesn’t mean I’m forever sad. Any normal rational person would choose being happy over being sad.


Because life’s just too short to be miserable, to have grudges, to be bitter about what God hands over to us.

~~~~~~~~

Pardon me for stating the obvious, but life is difficult. According to Dr. Peck, what makes life difficult is that the process if confronting and solving problems is a painful one. Yet, it is in the whole process of meeting and solving problems that life has its meaning. Problems call forth one’s courage and wisdom; they create our courage and wisdom. We grow spiritually and mentally through problems.

I am only normal. I hate problems. But I do not want to avoid the problems that I have. They won’t go away if I avoid, ignore or procrastinate doing something about them. I don’t believe in relieving/numbing myself from pain by taking drugs to assist me in ignoring them. I’d rather meet my problems head on than to skirt around them. Yes, it's not always pleasant to deal with problems, and that's why, according to Dr. Peck, some people choose not to deal with their problems, turning instead to drugs and alcohol.


I hope I have learnt from my mistakes. I hope I have grown closer to God in the process. It is through this difficult phase in life that I discover who truly my friends are. Most of my closest and dearest friends are not in TheOrganisation. We go back many, many years to when we first started and cultivated our friendship with each other during our early teens, when living away from home meant we only had each other. Hence, there are many things that I confide in my long-time friends that I don’t share with my friends at work.

Anyway, I am thankful that God has given me a chance to get back closer to Him. I am thankful for being blessed with lovely and understanding girlfriends. And of course, I am thankful for regaining access to my Blogger account!

~~~~~~~

Belated footie footnote: Arsenal young Guns beat Spurs last Wednesday. Read about it here and here. It must have gone to their head for they only managed a draw with Boro on Saturday. Duh!