Tuesday, February 27, 2007

As I Lay Me Down

I found myself humming the following this morning as I waited for the bus to whisk me off to The Office:

It felt like springtime on this February morning
In the courtyard birds were singing your praise

Indeed, it does feel like springtime Sometimes in this tropical weather especially in the mornings. And because the sun rises late this time of the year such that it is still dark at 7.20 am [!], it even feels like winter too sometimes, minus the freezing cold of course! And outside my kitchen window, I can see these leafless branches of a tree, just like those trees in the cold climate countries that shed their leaves in autumn.

But of course, come noon time and you’re reminded that, heck, it’s scorching out there!!!

Thus far, the day has been anything but a springtime day. Meetings after meetings and in between, I have to consolidate an ad hoc piece of work, which deadline is tomorrow. And oh, I got a new portfolio assigned to me today too. As if my current work portfolio isn’t already the bane of my office existence. Oh joy.

Now if you will excuse me, I need to jump out of the office window.